Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 60 plate CLC200K in Iridum Silver
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just taken delivery of my 2009 UK spec SLK350 with the updated Comand System.

Bluetooth connectivity works brilliantly - and the new HD system works well. The increased resolution of the display is great, as are the updated maps!

However, I havent found the option to display the ETA to destination on the main map screen when driving. I can find it out via a couple of button presses, but thats not much use when driving and not wanting any distractions!!!

Anyone seen a way to get the ETA on the main map??

Cheers!

Mike

·
Registered
SLK 350 facelift, palladium + gullwing red
67 Posts
Hi Mike

I haven't checked this but I'm pretty sure in nav mode mine shows actual time in top right corner and ETA in bottom right - I use North up map mode and go to full screen normally - I'll check tomorrow and post again - what colour did u get - I live not to far away - mine's Palladium
Chris

·
Registered
2011 60 plate CLC200K in Iridum Silver
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chris

Im pretty sure im in that mode too (though the car is always facing upward) - though I also get all the extended information - like how many satellites locked, height... Maybe if there is a way to turn this off I can see the ETA??

in the bottom right currently I get the signal strength of the bluetooth phone...

Mine is Obsidian Black... Always liked that colour :)

Picked it up last friday! was a good weekend to have the top down!

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mike
It sounds like you have Go-coordinates set as a preference - you need to reset it to Arrival time/distance. Once you are in route guidance mode this will then give you the following display across the bottom of the screen from left to right - Scale/North/Distance to destination/ETA.

To change the setting: in Navigation mode
Press Navi button (top left of screen)
This shows new menu - 'mode/block area/save off road map/information on map'
Click on 'information on map'
This shows new menu - 'arrival time&distance/current street/geo coordinates/none'
Yours is probably set to 'geo coordinates' - change it to 'arrival/distance'
You should then get the info bar as indicated above.

You have probably figured how to go full screen - but it's click the up button - this shows 'full screen' then click OK button.

Hope this sorts you out - you need a PhD (or a 14yr old) to work these damn things
Good luck
Chris

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mike
By the way do you work at Maclaren cos I saw a black facelift outside Woking Mclaren 2 weeks ago?
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts