Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a beautiful s550 with 55000 miles. The only problem is the windshield washers gets no water. The headlight sprayer works fine other than each one is missing a nozzle.

How many pumps are there in the s550. Or do you guys think there is another problem.

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,757 Posts
Two separate pumps in my 2008 S550, I would think there are the same number in yours. Do you hear any noise when the washer is activated? Might have someone behind the wheel (not an angry spouse) activate the washers while you check the reservoir for action.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two separate pumps in my 2008 S550, I would think there are the same number in yours. Do you hear any noise when the washer is activated? Might have someone behind the wheel (not an angry spouse) activate the washers while you check the reservoir for action.
Thanks for the reply. Any idea on how to get to them. Wheel well or from underneath

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Moment of clarity…. Windshield washer pump is part 2218690121.
Thanks that's what I needed.

Last question. To activate the washers that do work I have to push the turn signal switch in very hard. Is there an easy way to replace the push button on the turn signal stick

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
As far as I know push button cannot be disassembled at least I have never seen it done, you will need to replace blinker switch part # 2215403345. Of course, steering wheel & air bag will need to be removed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
konigstiger
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing