Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2009 ML rear view camera have guide lines? I could almost swear I test drove one that had them. I just bought a ML550 that has parktronic, but there are no lines on the backup screen view. Just curious if I can enable them somehow.

·
Registered
757 Posts
There are no guidelines. In my motorhome the backup screen has a plastic overlay that has guidelines on it. Maybe the ML you drove had one of those?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, because then you would see them all the time. I Evan saw pictures of other 2009's that had them. No worries, just picked up car officially tonight, it is AWESOME!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
backup guidelines

Had the '09 in for tranny & brake flush. Mentioned our frustration with positional latency on the nav system. They did a software upgrade. No effect on the latency, but Walah! Guidelines appeared in the b/u camera. A real improvement. You may get it for free if you're nice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had the '09 in for tranny & brake flush. Mentioned our frustration with positional latency on the nav system. They did a software upgrade. No effect on the latency, but Walah! Guidelines appeared in the b/u camera. A real improvement. You may get it for free if you're nice.
Cool. I asked for an update for a Bluetooth problem and they said there are no updates available. I know there are some updates but to trick them into doing it is like pulling teeth. I had 2011 loaner ml350. They were nice but not a huge deal I guess. I'll try another time to get them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
me too! :) the tech said he had no idea what i was talking about and it wouldn't happen, but looks just like yours now.

supposedly the update would also fix calls being bring dropped when going over bluetooth and shutting off the car, sending it back to the phone instead of just disconnecting, but it doesn't seem to have worked. at least not for my wife's phone anyway...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Do you know if this can be done on a 2008 ML? Or does the 2009 have a new Nav/Command system?

·
Registered
5 Posts
On our 2009 ML350 the nav directions seem to stop when on a bluetooth call. It this on purpose or a glitch? Anyone else experience this and does the update correct it?

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
The 08 COMAND can not be upgraded to have the lines. The 09 and later unit only needs new software loaded - which is separate from the map data updates. If you get the very latest software, and you have the Xenon steerable lights, when you turn the wheel, the lines will curve as well.

The 08 can be updated to the new COMAND, but be aware that if you have HK sound, the SAT radio, or the CD changer, then the CD changer goes (you can put the Media interface in it's place), and the SAT and HK AMPs (plural) have to go as well - because Mercedes changed something (I suspect the audio encryption). And just for grins, they changed the pin-outs on the HK amp, so either you get a new speaker harness, or you spend several hours moving pins. I did it in my car and basically had to take the entire interior out to do it, along with several new harnesses - the tele-aid audio now comes from the COMAND instead of directly from the microphone, and a few other got'chas like that.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The lines were standard on mine, July 09 build ML350CDI but 2010 model.
But they are fixed lines that do not curve as you turn the steering, unlike the W166, lexus, or Nissan. :(

·
Registered
225 Posts
Taken from http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND+APS+NTG2+5+FAQ-faq-14.html:

16. What firmware releases have there been?
Mercedes release firmware as 'telematics' disks with their Star Diagnosis distribution. The version number of these telematics disks matches the month of the Star Diagnosis disk, but the version number shown in engineering mode is the Year and Week of release, so are hard to tie together. This is what I know so far. The update disks are useless without Star Diagnosis (even though there is an 'update' menu in diagnostic/engineerng menu) so the part number is shown for completeness. The Build date is from the configuration file on the disk.
A171 827 40 5920.03.2009
Star Release Version Number Update Disk Part Nr Build Date
06/2008 08.13 ? A002 008 05 13 13.05.2008
09/2008 08.13 ? A230 827 01 59 23.07.2008
01/2009 08.37 A171 827 39 59 27.10.2008
06/2009 09.02
01/2010 09.29 06.08.2009

17. What do each of the releases fix?
Version 09.29: (Telematics 01/2010): Overwriting of FM station memory, when slip road is closed the whole motorway section was shown as closed, freeze in telephone when 20 items in call log, still hearing radio/etc at start of phone call. TMC support is added for Czech Republic.
Version 09.02: (Telematics 06/2009): Comfort phone stuck "activating", bluetooth calls dropped, system resets, radio statio name wrong, map freezes. New features: ECO routing mode, AUX volume boost, Reversing camera lines on ML/GL/R, volume reduction during navigation voice, SD cards bigger that 2GB allowed, TMC warnings read out, fan speed reduced during voice recognition, TMC Pro (Germany only?), Service Call.
Older: not known.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts