Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting!

I just want to check if any R-Class owners encounter the problem I am facing. When I stop my R350 on a hill, it seems like the auto-brake system kicks in, but it is not consistent, sometimes yes and the other time no. The problem is when I release the brake and start to move off, the car jerk very seriously. How do we activate and deactivate Hill Start Assistant? Is the jerk normal?

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
It doesnt work well on my 2010. You only get a second of hold. Then it rolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greeting!

I just want to check if any R-Class owners encounter the problem I am facing. When I stop my R350 on a hill, it seems like the auto-brake system kicks in, but it is not consistent, sometimes yes and the other time no. The problem is when I release the brake and start to move off, the car jerk very seriously. How do we activate and deactivate Hill Start Assistant? Is the jerk normal?

Thank you in advance.

Does 2009 R class have hill start assist?

I am also facing something similar issue but mine is 2008. Mine started happening after I replaced front axle and ABS/Speed sensor on the passanger side. I suspect it might be the ABS speed sensor issue.

Did you resolve the issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does 2009 R class have hill start assist?

I am also facing something similar issue but mine is 2008. Mine started happening after I replaced front axle and ABS/Speed sensor on the passanger side. I suspect it might be the ABS speed sensor issue.

Did you resolve the issue?
No, I have not fixed the problem, it is still happening. I did change ABS speed sensor for all four wheels (3 original and 1 OEM). That could be the cause of the problem, I am not able to confirm. Please help to update this thread if you find a solution for this.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, I have not fixed the problem, it is still happening. I did change ABS speed sensor for all four wheels (3 original and 1 OEM). That could be the cause of the problem, I am not able to confirm. Please help to update this thread if you find a solution for this.

Thank you.

Update 10/19/2019:

I took it to the indy shop who replaced the front passenger side axle and the abs speed sensor and told them that it is definately with the sensor acting up. They initially said no error code hence it should be good. But I insisted them to take a look and check the voltage on the sensor. They checked and said that the sensor was the issue and they replaced free of cost and I have the vehicle since two days and all looks good.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful support.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update 10/19/2019:

I took it to the indy shop who replaced the front passenger side axle and the abs speed sensor and told them that it is definately with the sensor acting up. They initially said no error code hence it should be good. But I insisted them to take a look and check the voltage on the sensor. They checked and said that the sensor was the issue and they replaced free of cost and I have the vehicle since two days and all looks good.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful support.
Thank you for this good update. Definitely a great piece of information to solving a similar problem on my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts