Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this topic here and in the W164 Forum.
Ever since my oil cooler seals were replaced last year I check for oil leaks and last month I found my PCV was leaking oil on the right (passenger) side of the engine because of a bad o-ring. Ten days ago I cleaned up the top of the engine and it’s cover when I replaced the PCV, air and fuel filters during this process I discovered the bottom of the air inlet duct (Bat wing) to the Turbo was broken (Thank you to the service center who repaired the oil cooler seals). ANd then, three days ago I received and installed a new bat wing and wiped off the area again.

Today I inspect my work to see if there are any fuel or oil leaks and I found an oily film developing on the engine cover, top of the fuel filter and to the right of the Turbo, circled in the attached pic this is after 150 miles use.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My paper towel test indicates the seal between the Turbo and the the Charged Air Duct may be bad. I've not been able to find a part number for the seals does anyone have them or do I need to buy the whole new pipe?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts