Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 E350 is my third E-class, having owned a 2003 and 2006. One feature I found quite useful on the two previous cars was the ability to set the right side mirror to adjust automatically for viewing the RR wheel when reversing, so as to avoid hitting curbs. Although the setting procedure is described in the 2009 owner's manual, I find I'm unable to get it to set. I called the dealership, and was told that this feature has been "decontented". I am also a bit "decontented" to find this handy feature gone. Is there any way to restore it?

(I also posted this on another M-B forum and got some information, but I'm trying to put together as much information on this as I can--thanks for any contributions.)

·
Registered
427 Posts
The mirror tilt feature is also described in the operator's manual for my 07 E550. But there is also a note stating the feature may not be installed on cars made after a certain date, and in the case of my car, it's missing. So as the dealership says, this feature has been 'decontented.' It's curious though, why the procedure would be described in the manual for a 2009 model.

Mercedes has removed a number of features from their cars over the past few years. I assume this is due to the dollar's poor value against the Euro. Mercedes had a choice to increase prices or eliminate features and I guess they chose to eliminate features.

·
Registered
35,787 Posts
Lot of members on W210 section complain that the automatic return doesn't hold the setting very well. I don't use the option having memory from older BMW, where the mechanism had bad habit of breaking down.
My guess is that by deleting the option MB saves lot on warranty claims.
Still had to cover that in manual if the option was deleted 1/2 into the production year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts