Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 E320
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I have searched the forums thoroughly. Second, I have even read the owner’s manual. I cannot find the answer.

When I put the car into reverse, the passenger side mirror will not fold down. I have tried to set up via the owner’s manual – to no avail. From what I have read, some cars have the option some do not. I cannot tell through my paperwork if I have or do not have the option of the folding mirror. I have also read that the option can be turned on via COMMAND options.

How can I access the engineering or option menu in the COMMAND system, to enable this and other options? Can I do it or does it have to be done at the dealership? If the dealership can do it, is there instruction that I can bring to them to get this done?

As for looking up options, the Russian VIN website does not recognize my vehicle. I suspect that since the car is 2009, their database is not up to date.

Thanks in advance,
Norm

2009 - E-Class Bluetec

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
4,370 Posts
When I put the car into reverse, the passenger side mirror will not fold down. As for looking up options, the Russian VIN website does not recognize my vehicle.
MBUSA deactivated parking position at production you will need to speak with your dealer’s shop foreman and request reactivation via SDS. Once activated remember to keep passenger button pushed for proper operation. PM your VIN and email address and I will forward your vehicle’s datacard.

·
Registered
2009 E350 4 MATIC , 2010 LEXUS ES350
7 Posts
i have a 2009 E350 , had taken it to the dealer and requested for activation for the mirrors to fold down , they informed that i do not have the option
in case if you are able to get it done, please let me know - so that i can ask some other dealer
thanks

·
Registered
2009 E320
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Folding passenger mirror in reverse, MBRACE and Gracenote

Good Afternoon all,

I just had my first “A” service. It was $293.

When I took in the car, the dealer said he would look into the folding mirror issue. The service manager told me, MY 2008 and 2009 does not have the option of folding the passenger mirror down when you put the car into reverse. There is no way of activating it. If someone can show some documentation that there is a menu item to activate, please let me know. I would love to use this feature. BTW, I have a MY 2009 BlueTec.

In addition, another item of interest, if you purchased your MB from November 2008 to November 2009 you cannot upgrade to MBRACE until November 16th, 2010. They loaded the MBRACE software in my E-Class and I tried to activate it. I called MBUSA and they told me they could not activate until November 16th, 2010. I then had the dealer re-install Tele-Aid. Bummer -- I wanted to unlock my car via my Blackberry!

Also, does anyone know how to update Gracenote -- the software that displays the title of the CDs and its tracks when being played? The dealer updated my NAV software and they thought this would update Gracenote. However, it did not. (How I know is simple -- I just bought a new CD (releaded in 2009) and the title will not display; but some of my older CDs will. This tells me the database is out of date). I know when you update to newer maps the Gracenote is supposed to be updated; however, I do not need to update the maps since the new maps do not update the Albuquerque, NM area where I live.

Thanks in advance,

Norm

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,106 Posts
IMHO if you get this activated chances are pretty good you'll soon deactivate it, as it's not of much use.

Watching your right-rear tire is not very often useful when reversing and it certainly isn't something professional truck drivers, for example, do.

·
Registered
03 ML500, 07 E350 Sport
235 Posts
I have the tilt down in my ML and wish we had it on the E. If you do much parallel parking it definitely saves on the curb rash. Our streets are old and narrow here. Can't park a foot from the curb. Also, the parking spaces are narrow and we always park in an end space to avoid the door dings. Same thing. My $0.02.

·
Registered
2006 R3504M, 2007 E3504M
412 Posts
This is purely a software feature. It is indeed just a matter of enabling it. In Canada, it was always available.

It puzzles me though as to why Mercedes would do this? Most cars a few classes below the E have this feature. It probably costs 10 lines of code. Maybe a jerk in the US was sueing Mercedes for a farfetched artifact of having the feature.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Folding passenger mirror in reverse, MBRACE and Gracenote

Good Afternoon all,

I just had my first “A” service. It was $293.

When I took in the car, the dealer said he would look into the folding mirror issue. The service manager told me, MY 2008 and 2009 does not have the option of folding the passenger mirror down when you put the car into reverse. There is no way of activating it. If someone can show some documentation that there is a menu item to activate, please let me know. I would love to use this feature. BTW, I have a MY 2009 BlueTec.

In addition, another item of interest, if you purchased your MB from November 2008 to November 2009 you cannot upgrade to MBRACE until November 16th, 2010. They loaded the MBRACE software in my E-Class and I tried to activate it. I called MBUSA and they told me they could not activate until November 16th, 2010. I then had the dealer re-install Tele-Aid. Bummer -- I wanted to unlock my car via my Blackberry!

Also, does anyone know how to update Gracenote -- the software that displays the title of the CDs and its tracks when being played? The dealer updated my NAV software and they thought this would update Gracenote. However, it did not. (How I know is simple -- I just bought a new CD (releaded in 2009) and the title will not display; but some of my older CDs will. This tells me the database is out of date). I know when you update to newer maps the Gracenote is supposed to be updated; however, I do not need to update the maps since the new maps do not update the Albuquerque, NM area where I live.

Thanks in advance,

Norm
u need to update the firmware at Mercedes when it is updated it don’t just update the nav it does ever thing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I have clc 200 and the folding mirror close but won’t open had a bit of trouble with the push switch any one help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts