Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 E-420, 2001 E-320, 2007 S-550, 2009 E-350
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2009 E-350. Last year in October 2021 dealer fixed the leaking/smell of fuel/gas under warranty. For last 2 weeks I have been seeing my fuel level show empty even after I fill my tank full.

I used scanner to read the code, I got code P9135, Sensor 2 For Fuel Level is Jammed.

So look like one of the fuel level sending unit is went bad. Few questions here.

Which one is Sensor 2? Passenger side or Driver side? I know there are 2 fuel level sending unit.

Is any one know how long dealer warranty their work? I got last repair done in October 2021, the fuel level gauge issue started in June 2022.

Also, if I replace faulty fuel sending unit, should I replaced both, driver side and passenger side?

Any help and feed back will be greatly appreciated.

Gauge Measuring instrument Font Watch Circle

World Rectangle Plant Font Automotive lighting

Product Font Rectangle Display device Electronic device

Gadget Font Display device Multimedia Technology

Font Material property Number Parallel Monochrome

·
Registered
2005 E320 wagon
2,701 Posts
[EDIT] OP corrected me. There is a level sensor on the pump module.

Service notes aside, IIRC, there’s a single sending unit and filter assembly that contains however many actual level sensors the system has. It’s on the left side of the tank. There’s no level sensor on the right side of the tank, only the pump.

Doesn’t the paperwork say what kind of warranty you have? I expect a year and I would raise it up the chain to MBUSA if necessary if it’s anything less. It’s an easy job unless they have to drop the tank again.

IIRC there’s only a fuel pump. No auxiliary. There might be something wonky with their service writer software.

Sixto
05 E320 wagon 190K miles

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tabijan, thank you for your prompt reply.

I checked again and Yes, there are 2 sending unit, one with pump assembly and one with the transfer lines. Dealer parts list is correct and match the Mercedes WIS and EPC. Dealer invoice does not have clear service warranty info.

Question here is which side is Sensor 2, driver side or passenger side. If someone can help me to identify which one is fuel level sensor #2.

Product Microphone Data transfer cable Font Audio equipment

Office supplies Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

Font Gas Circle Auto part Fashion accessory

·
Registered
2005 E320 wagon
2,701 Posts
Does your scanner have this mode that displays level for left side and right side?

HELP!! Fuel gauge issue. - MBWorld.org Forums

Look at pictures of installed left and right modules. Maybe one if yours isn’t clocked properly. It’s a simple matter to loosen the locking ring then reposition the module since the green seals should be fresh. Only if MB is unreasonable, of course. Don’t touch anything until MB has a chance to put things right.

Sixto
05 E320 wagon 190K miles

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
5,902 Posts
Under 12 months since repair request dealer revisit furthermore only available as re-manufactured part which was installed. Sensor 2 = b4/2 right side sensor to fuel pump (270 in diagram + bracket 460) EPC does not show sensor available separately for your VIN (15 grayed out) so pump may need to be replaced again.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Konigstiger, thank you so much Sir, I really appreciate your detail information. I am getting my email ready to be sent to dealership Service Advisor and CC to Service Manager, hoping to hear positive response from MB dealership.

God Bless You, Have a wonderful 4th of July.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts