Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2009 c300
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drove to a restaurant, came back out and drove on the highway home and Command prompts that command will turn off in 3 minutes if engine is not turned on. I didn't understand because my car was on and an hour before I ate it wasn't causing that issue. I've read multiple websites and I purchased a new battery.. that didn't work. I left my battery out for 24 hours, took out the command unit and tried to replug the wires thinking it would cause a reset somehow and that didn't work either. I still can listen to radio, CDs, memory card, aux cable and what not. I just have to manually turn off my radio and manually turn it on when I drive, which is a pain.

I looked into it more and many people have had this issue caused by the iPod kit being faulty. I removed my iPod unit located by the front passenger seat and no help there.

Also, my volume buttons on my steering wheel no longer work anymore ever since command stopped working properly. I still can drive my car but buttons like the dial pad do not light up. My command also turns off every 30 minutes on a long drive and I can't change the time on my car. Night mode and day mode display on command seemed to stopped working too.

Any tips or suggestions? I've been trying to three weeks and I can't find the solution! Thank you all

·
Registered
2009 Mercedes C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
1 Posts
Hello sir!

I would love to BUMP this up because I am having the EXACT same problem. Word for word. Not sure if you figured it out yet but if you did, I would love to know how you figured it out!

My issue started when my friend changed the iPhone connected to the iPod Integration Kit. I heard a loud noise come out of the speakers and later noticed the issues you specified.

I am doing a ton of research as I do NOT want to deal with Mercedes directly. I've ruled out a fuse issue and I am thinking it could be an issue with the ECM (Engine Control Module) based on the error I get: "Please start the engine. Otherwise, the system will shut off in three minutes."

Also, another form here said to update the "Audio20 Headunit" and it "might" fix the issues.

Not sure what else it could be, but these two seem like the most logical possibilities.

My keypad lights up when I am in the COMAND Engineering Mode (accessed by pressing the Hangup, 1, # keys at the same time for 10 seconds), but they immediately turn off when I exit the Engineering Mode.

I later took the iPod Integration Kit out of the glove compartment by popping off the side panel because that cable was hanging on by a thread. I was very surprised that I had the Aux Connector just hanging in there. A happy accident i'd say.

·
Registered
2009 c300
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to BUMP this up because I am having the EXACT same problem. Word for word. Not sure if you figured it out yet but if you did, I would love to know how you figured it out!

My issue started when my friend changed the iPhone connected to the iPod Integration Kit. I heard a loud noise come out of the speakers and later noticed the issues you specified.

I am doing a ton of research as I do NOT want to deal with Mercedes directly. I've ruled out a fuse issue and I am thinking it could be an issue with the ECM (Engine Control Module) based on the error I get: "Please start the engine. Otherwise, the system will shut off in three minutes."

Also, another form here said to update the "Audio20 Headunit" and it "might" fix the issues.

Not sure what else it could be, but these two seem like the most logical possibilities.

My keypad lights up when I am in the COMAND Engineering Mode (accessed by pressing the Hangup, 1, # keys at the same time for 10 seconds), but they immediately turn off when I exit the Engineering Mode.

I later took the iPod Integration Kit out of the glove compartment by popping off the side panel because that cable was hanging on by a thread. I was very surprised that I had the Aux Connector just hanging in there. A happy accident i'd say.
Glad but not so glad to hear that someone has the same issue as me. I started to use the aux way long before the iPhone plug in. I also took out the whole media integration kit located inside below the glove back and that didn't do anything. Tried to leave my car battery out for days and everything. What is the Audio20 headunit? Have you figured anything out with the ECM? I've just been living with turning on and off my headunit manually. True pain in the behind on long road trips

·
Registered
5 Posts
I drove to a restaurant, came back out and drove on the highway home and Command prompts that command will turn off in 3 minutes if engine is not turned on. I didn't understand because my car was on and an hour before I ate it wasn't causing that issue. I've read multiple websites and I purchased a new battery.. that didn't work. I left my battery out for 24 hours, took out the command unit and tried to replug the wires thinking it would cause a reset somehow and that didn't work either. I still can listen to radio, CDs, memory card, aux cable and what not. I just have to manually turn off my radio and manually turn it on when I drive, which is a pain.

I looked into it more and many people have had this issue caused by the iPod kit being faulty. I removed my iPod unit located by the front passenger seat and no help there.

Also, my volume buttons on my steering wheel no longer work anymore ever since command stopped working properly. I still can drive my car but buttons like the dial pad do not light up. My command also turns off every 30 minutes on a long drive and I can't change the time on my car. Night mode and day mode display on command seemed to stopped working too.

Any tips or suggestions? I've been trying to three weeks and I can't find the solution! Thank you all
Thats same problem with me went to dealership under recall of camshaft solenoid and
Srs module
And rear tail lamp holder

And after that i have a problem in command system
My sterring wheel volume control buttons stop working and command does not turn on on ingnition on and close on locking car

Plz shed some light

·
Registered
2007 s550 sports package, 2006 r350 4matic, 2003 s500 4matic
83 Posts
Did anyone find a cure for this issue. I'm having the exact same problem after trying to plug an old mp3 player in my 30 pin I pod plug

·
Registered
W204 C220CDI T Avantgarde 2010
83 Posts
Try to turn on comand, and then press and hold on/off until unit restarts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks BWJ I tried that but to no avail. When I turn it on and hold the on button it turns off right away. I tried it several times holding the button for a minute or more but nothing.... Any other suggestions?

·
Outstanding Contributor
'85 300D Turbo, '91 420SEL, '92 190E 2.6, '09 C350, '12 E63 Wagon
3,017 Posts
Try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a little while and then reconnect.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a w221 and was having the exact same problem...my solution was to completely remove the iPod integration kit wiring harness and all. The plug that goes in the COMAND will be plugged in the iPod integration box wrapped in felt before removing. Remove that plug and insert the two orange wires (with the red light on end) in the connector then plug that in the COMAND directly. This reinstates communication with those modules to are having problems with. Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Tyrone,
can you please provide more images of info on where to look at. Not really good at wiring.

Does anyone else tried this? Did it helped? Having same issue.

Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts