Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, ....little advice-insight appreciated.

I purchased a '09 200 turbo in Nov 08 and have put about 9000mi on it to date. two weeks ago the engine light came on and I took it to the dealer for servicing. At the time I was told that there was a solinoid which had leaked oil onto the injector wiring harness and caused some issues. Having some mehanical background I had never heard of a "solinoid" having oil in it so I reluctantly accepted this explanation. Car has been in the shop for 2 weeks now and I got a call yesterday telling me that there were further issues. The service rep told me that something was bent in the cyl head and they had to dismantle it and send it out for reconditioning. My thoughts at this point are to start pushing MB to have the vehicle replaced. Do you think this is over reacting? Any advice on best way to proceed is appreciated

Chuck

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,428 Posts
I don't think that would be enough for a new car but I neither feel you should get reconditioned parts, if not a whole new engine, at least new head and relevant parts.

I'm not familiar wit the B, I cannot think of a solenoid that would leak oil. I guess this is a gasser and it would not be a diesel leak. And what on earth could be bent in the cylinder head? :confused:

Sounds like they screw up something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts