Registered
2007 SLK55 AMG Iridium Silver
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
I think we will see final pics by September probably due to the Frankfurt show.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered my 280 through a family member that works at Mercedes 3 weeks ago. At first, I first ordered the 2007. He calls me a few days later, asking if i wanted to order the 2008 instead. He said it will arrive Late June/Early July.

Would a 2008 come midway of 2007? What is the usual trend of Mercedes? I cannot wait til September. I need to upgrade by at least August.

:confused:

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
1,614 Posts
villav1 said:
I ordered my 280 through a family member that works at Mercedes 3 weeks ago. At first, I first ordered the 2007. He calls me a few days later, asking if i wanted to order the 2008 instead. He said it will arrive Late June/Early July.

Would a 2008 come midway of 2007? What is the usual trend of Mercedes? I cannot wait til September. I need to upgrade by at least August.

This approach may seem a little obvious, but if I had just ordered a new SLK from a relative who worked at MB, I'd certainly ask him/her your question. If they didn't know the answer, they should be able to find someone around the dealership who knew the answer. You've got an excellent "in" that the majority of us don't have.

·
Registered
2007 SLK55 AMG Iridium Silver
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
villav1 said:

i think in the US, usually new models are release during summer. i'm pretty sure i'd be before september (possibly july, if not august).

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Folks, I think you can get the 08 model as late August build delivery might be towards early october and november.

·
Registered
SLK 350 to be!
10 Posts
Does anyone have any more info on this? I have an order in for a 350 with a June build but would be happy to delay for a month or so if it means getting the 2008 model!

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
1,614 Posts
garyhun said:
Does anyone have any more info on this? I have an order in for a 350 with a June build but would be happy to delay for a month or so if it means getting the 2008 model!
If you really want a 2008 (I certainly would), I would hold out until the dealer can confirm that you'll be getting a 2008 vs. 2007. Once they guarantee the model year, make sure that it's clearly stated on the invoice so that you'll have some recourse if they renege.

·
Registered
SLK 350 to be!
10 Posts
Well I just called my dealer and it's too late to cancel my build anyway so the decision has been made and I WILL pick up the little beauty on August 15th 2007 in Bremen! Although the car is being built in June it's taking another month due to all the Designo leather stuff!!

So facelift, or no facelift, it's all systems go :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts