Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to purchase a '08 SL500 from a M/B dealer. What can I expect to pay for an extended warranty? I'm new to this forum, reading the postings it appears the warranty is a must.

Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
If the car is brand new, you should be able to get the extended MB Factory Warranty at time of purchase. If it is used you still have 3 years till the Fac War expires,depending on mileage. You can make a decision on an after market warranty at that time and see which companies are still in business. If you search this forum you will see the after market warranties are pretty controversial. Good luck!

·
Registered
2005 SL500, 2007 GL450
61 Posts
Since you can purchase the extended Mercedes-Benz warranty at any time, you may want to think about deferring the purchase decision until closer to the end of the standard warranty. Suppose you purchase the SL and later decide you do not want to keep the car (for whatever reason). You will have paid for an extended warranty for which the next buyer will undoubtedly not pay full value to you.

While purchasing the extended warranty costs more later, the differential reflects the interest earnings you will earn versus the warranty provider. It also reflects the fact that your likelihood of purchasing the extended warranty increases if the SL begins to show problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts