Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 S550 and 2008 S550
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 S550 with some serious issues with my command system. The curser would not stay on options long enough for me to select them, my CD and DVD player would not work at all, the voice command button did nothing and I had a crackling/popping noise coming from the speakers. I was still able to get audio from my SAT and AM/FM but no CD or DVD... But yesterday what starting happening was the command screen just kept booting over and over... only getting to the point of playing a few seconds of whatever song happened to be cued up on Sirius. It would not stop no matter what I did. After reading the helpful hints on the W221 forum here I opened the left panel in the trunk and found the amp and also disconnected both batteries to try and reboot. Nothing worked... I eventually tried pulling the main cable out of the Sirius radio box and now command stays on and Nav and all other functions work but I have no media.... no radio, no sat, no CD, no DVD. I see a few people had changed out the VCM. I was able to locate it but I do not know how to check it. Any ideas or pointers for me? Any help greatly appreciated.... Thank you

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes S550
1 Posts
Hello are you still having your issue and have you been able to solve it, i'm having the exact same issue and don't know what to do. help from anyone else would also be appreciated

·
Registered
2008 S550 and 2003 SL
1 Posts
I am having the exact problem. I can use help from anyone who might have a solution to this issue

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
271 Posts
I wish I could tell you a solution to this, but all I can say is that I have seen this exact same issue occur in a 2007 S550. The COMAND would power up and play for a random amount of time between 15 seconds and 3 minutes. It would then abruptly shut off, and reboot, and always default to Sirius as the audio source (and the same channel if I recall).

This car was doing this about 6 months ago. Incidentally, I saw the same car again just this prior week, and the COMAND was completely non-responsive. After removing the dead COMAND and replacing it with a good one, it worked just fine without issue, telling me that the remaining items on the MOST ring were not the culprit.

I know this does not fix your issue, but it does seem to be internal in the COMAND itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts