Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a sweet S550 with 57K miles and full Lorinser package. It's a one owner car purchased new from Mercedes_Benz of Chandler (AZ). The original owner can't be reached so I contacted the dealership to obtain the service records but received no response. I also visited my local MB dealership (Fayetteville, NC) and they acknowledged the records existed but couldn't/wouldn't provide the service history. I plan to have the car fully checked out by them but don't want to pay for anything that may have already been taken care of. Why the secrecy?

Attachments

·
Registered
85 300SL Euro,97 SL320,95 S420,07 S550
1,600 Posts
When you bring the car to your dealer your service adviser should tell you what was done on the car ,he can show the service history to you and block out name and address from the previous owner .
The dealer in AZ will not give you any information without a permission from the owner.
Check if the transmission change was done ($400) ,also mostly with 60K miles brakes and rotors are due if not done previous ,cost is by $1200.00

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All is well!

Thanks for the feedback. Local dealership confirmed brakes and tranny service completed in Jan 2011 but could not confirm 52K service completed so I had them do it to be on the safe side. Ironically while waiting in their showroom for the service to be completed the AZ dealership returned my call to inform me that the previous owner was up to date on all services including the 52K service in Jan 2011. Did the local dealership withhold that info so I could pay for another 52K service? I'll never know but it's good to know the car was well maintained and is still in tip top shape!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts