Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 ML350; 2001 SLK230 (traded in)
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

As posted previously I'll soon be in the market for a 2008 ML350. Curious on a few items...

Can I connect my iPhone to the stereo and play my music? Is there A2DP bluetooth streaming? Lastly, will my iPhone contacts appear in the stock MB phone setup?

Sorry for the noob questions, just doing some homework on this vehicle.

TIA

·
Registered
2007 ML350
13 Posts
1. Yes. You can connect your iPhone via 3 methods. First, free option = factory aux port - run a midi to midi cable and control via iPhone. Second = iPod connector. Cost associated, but easy to install - just did this myself two weeks ago. Third = iPhone dock. I'm not a fan, details can be found via searching.

2. Bluetooth streaming does not exist for the ML, to the best of my knowledge. HOWEVER, there was an interesting upgrade on the iPhone that now plays my phone ringtone through the speakers when I receive a call. So the functionality exists, but the Command system does not have full capability.

3. If you have the handsfree phone option and bluetooth connector (there's an additional cost for both), your contacts will sync everytime you enter the vehicle. You can search, dial, etc. from the screen (via command) or your instrument cluster (via steering wheel controls).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2008 ML350; 2001 SLK230 (traded in)
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, that helped - thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts