Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm in CO and looking to buy a 2008 ML350. Originally I was looking at the E class but I don't fit in the cars as well as I do the SUV. I'm only looking at vehicles with less than 50,000 miles and only going to purchase a car that is a CPO vehicle. With that said I wanted to get feedback from owners on the reliability of this vehicle and things I should consider before I make a purchase. I know the old M class cars got horrible reviews but I keep hearing this model is better than the old ones were.

Thanks for the help guys,

Brian

·
Registered
452 Posts
I ordered mine and have been happy with it, its a diesel and will be buying the same in a few years.

·
Registered
ML350 2007
78 Posts
2008 + are a lot better than the previous years. However, my 2007 ml 350 has an amazing ride compared to my previous BMW X5.

·
Registered
GL450, R500 traded, ML350 sold
437 Posts
Bought a 2008 ML350 CPO a year ago and have been very happy with it. No problems whatsoever during my ownership and since new (from what I see in the service history I was provided with). If winter weather driving is of importance to you, the car performs absolutely great. I have to go down a fairly steep hill a mile long near my house every morning to go to work. Although it is normally plowed and treated, sometimes I leave very early so it isn't so I use the DSR feature (hill descent control). It makes all the difference! Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
187 Posts
2008 ML320 CDI. ~51,000 miles. Very satisfied. Only a couple of minor needs. I highly recommend this model year, it is the last of the non-BlueTec diesels.

We are getting close to replacing the original tires and when we do I am going to buy a tire with a higher profile. The ride is OK with the original tires but I would like to see how a higher profile will perform. The higher profile may take a little of the "sport" our of the drive but I don't drive that sportly anyway.

This is our third M-Class so we have a little history with the model by which to make comparisons. Our 2008 is by far the best of the steeds.

Jim W.

·
Registered
2008 ML350; 2001 SLK230 (traded in)
1,006 Posts
Yep sure is......I just bought one! I pick it up Saturday morning. They let me have it last night for a 24 hour test drive. Very cool.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a 2007 ML350 and love it. Ride is second to none IMO. Took out a Range Rover Sport, Cadillac SRX, Lincoln MKX, etc with my GF trying to find her a car and none compared to the ride quality of the ML350. JMO.

·
Registered
2008 ML350 - Edition 10
3 Posts
I bought my wife a 2008 ML350 back in July-2010. We love it. We found a great deal on the Edition10 (ten year anniversary edition). It came loaded with all the options we wanted and looks extremely sharp. I recently put some new Continental extreme contact DWS tires on it and the ride has improved considerably over the factory continentals it came with. I added a Viseeo Bluetooth adapter and it works great with the factory system. No real issues what so ever, thus far. I would like to update the navigation dvd, it is a bit outdated. But that is a minor issue. Great ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts