Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2008 ML 320 CDI
15 Posts
I was using a generic decoder at the time; I recently got an iCarsoft with MB software; code is 2647-1, Component B2/7 out of specs

·
Registered
2008 ML 320 CDI
15 Posts
Correct. I replaced the original with OEM parts, but it still won't reset. Both air filters are clean (no thrown oil), I've cleaned the new sensors again, but it still won't reset. I can clear the codes before I drive it, and again, no performance issues from the time I've owned it, and I get NO CEL lights driving it: the code returns if I turn off the engine. I'm thinking that the MB software I have on my reader isn't comprehensive enough to clear a pending or higher level code; either I have the high end iCarsoft reader, or take it to a MB service center. Just in case, I'm going ahead and replacing the PCV valve & tube assembly that connects in the neck of the of the MAF assembly ahead of the connection into the turbo throat. ALL diesels throw oil around themselves internally so finding traces isn't unusual but it can't hurt.

·
Registered
2007 E320 Bluetec, 2008 320ML CDI
2,451 Posts
I’m curious as to why you would ‘clean’ brand new MAF sensors?
Perhaps I read it incorrectly, but the act of cleaning sensors usually only prolongs the life of a suspect sensor. They are not forever devices.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts