Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2003 E500, 2008 ML320CDI
45 Posts
Scubasteve,

Can you tell me your typical driving habits? The lady that primarily drives this one does a lot of in town driving and my wife rode with her recently and noticed that she "babies" the car and doesn't accelerate very hard. I'm wondering if there is an issue on vehicles that don't get out and stretch their legs often enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh and as for the in town stuff, I like to take it to work daily but it sometimes gets cycled around with my others. Id say it sees a fair amount of highway miles in relation to city.

·
Registered
2003 E500, 2008 ML320CDI
45 Posts
No issues with shifting on my wife's car or this other one. I did a transmission service on a 2010 ML350 (gas) that was having all kinds of shifting problems. Changing the fluid and filter got rid of all the issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, I have seen the same results out of some shifting hard, fresh fluid and filter BINGO! I wasn't so lucky on mine :( Seems its in the electrohydraulic control unit but that's going to be another issue for another day! As for the back pressure sensors, theres rumors that EPC had incorrect part numbers as there are two variations of these membrane sensors. Even if I come up dry, im just about willing to try one of the other existing part numbers just to see what happens! Ill keep ya posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey 81willis,
I am having the exact same issue with my 08 GL320. This will be my fourth sensor and I am already tired of replacing them at $50-80 a pop! There must be some sort of explanation for this issue. The sensor being right next to the EGR valve makes me wonder if it could have anything to do with its failure?!? Grasping at straws but who knows. I am also wondering since you got so much more miles/time out of you last one, how much that DPF cleaning had an affect on things?? In my mind, maybe that kept it from happening sooner, but since cleaning could only do so much maybe the DPF is becoming clogged again? Just a speculation! Let us know if you've happened upon anything, as I am going to have to buy my fourth and am feeling helpless! :surrender:

Yes, I am experiencing this exact same thing with my 2008 GL320 CDI. I go through about 1 back pressure sensor per month at this point. I've put a new DPF on it, new turbo..the local expert who seems to be the best around can't figure it out. The sensors are about $45 each.. and it's getting old replacing them. Fortunately, it's a 5 minute job that I can do myself.. but it's absurd that I have to carry extra sensors and a wrench with me everywhere I go, anticipating this failure. Has anyone found a solution to this? My mechanic said the next thing he would do is pull apart the entire intake manifold and de-coke everything, but that would be a $7,000 job. I bought the vehicle for $12k.. and have already spent around $8,000 on repairs(new turbo, DPF, high pressure pump, injectors, glow plugs, etc etc etc..). It's been a big disappointment to own this thing. I was so excited by the idea of a 3.0 diesel that had good power, but reasonable mileage. Turns out this is a real POS that was way over-engineered. Hoping someone else has found the solution to this.

·
Registered
2003 E500, 2008 ML320CDI
45 Posts
I have no problem corroborating issues in this thread. It makes zero sense to have separate threads in separate forum sections when the engine, transmission, brakes, suspension, steering, differentials, etc, etc, etc, are all the same between the X164 and the W164.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,043 Posts
I have no problem corroborating issues in this thread. It makes zero sense to have separate threads in separate forum sections when the engine, transmission, brakes, suspension, steering, differentials, etc, etc, etc, are all the same between the X164 and the W164.

Well then help him.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,043 Posts
Why do you say that? seems like the exact issue that I'm facing. What's the problem?

The problem is you are still on the wrong forum.

Think about why Mercedes separates ML from GL and any other model, because they are somewhat similar but not exactly the same.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts