Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - original owner 2008, 76K miles almoat ALL highway. Noticed a noise in suspension at low speeds over speeds bumps and driveways that sounded like the shock needed lubricant or something. Dont hear anything at high speeds, just under 5-10 MPH.

Mercedes dealer technitiion says that the front strut assembly needs to be replaced. $795. And, I might as well do both sides to avoid alignment issues on the other side. WTF. $1,600? on a 4 year old car with 76K high way miles?

Just deal with the noise?

·
Registered
E350 4M 06
2,744 Posts
I have a similar problem on the driver side but I haven't had the time to get into the suspension. This could also be lower ball joints or sway bar bushings, dealer diagnosis on this issue has had a poor history.
The reason you don't hear anything at high speeds is because of the wind and tire noise, they mask the squeak coming from the suspension.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes from what I gather on these board this is not uncommon. I do not trust this dealer. They swear they put it on the shaker and had a scop on it and that is why the recommend replacing the entire assembly. I will probaly drive to a dealer 45 miles away to see what they say. I do not plan on replacing both sides if they do not need it. I'm guessing the dealer is the best place to do this and I wont really save much money going elsewhere. I'm in Cincinnati.

·
Registered
E350 4M 06
2,744 Posts
An indy specializing in MB's can be more cost effective, there is a list on this forum for recommended MB's in your area.I recommend that you get a quote from one of them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts