Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CLK 550
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger quarter window does not move up/down. The 3 bolts that hold the glass are still in tact. I noticed that there's a 4th hole on the glass without any bolt or washer. Is there supposed to be a 4th bolt holding the glass? I assume no, but I may be wrong. When power is applied to the move the window up or down, I hear the motor is running, but seems like it's not engaging the track to move the glass. Is there some kind of cable that is attached to move the glass frame? Any clue is really appreciated. thx.

·
Registered
MY05 CLK55 AMG , MY05 CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
1,567 Posts
Hi ,,There is no 4th bolt.
The window is moved up and down by cables attached to a motor.
Your problem will almost certainly be caused by a breakage of the plastic block that the cables attach to ,,and or the cables being tangled around the motor drive.
Solution is to either remove the regulator window mechanism and repair it using a kit available on ebay that comes from Turkey ,,,or otherwise buy a complete used regulator from a wrecker/breaker and replace the whole unit...
The first solution is cheaper ,,but a little more difficult.
There is an extensive guide for DIY in the stickies ,,,https://www.benzworld.org/threads/rear-power-window-motor-diy.1627676/
It is a big job ,,takes a few hours or more ,,but not impossible.

·
Registered
2008 CLK 550
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the inputs Benzyle. I spent quite some time this weekend researching videos on how to remove the regulator and found this link that was helpful to me (
). I was able to remove the regulator from the car and found the plastic guide broke which caused the cable to tangle up. I also ordered the repair kit from Amazon to put this back together. I found one video that goes into how to put this cables together and it is here (
). The kit will arrive today and I will post another update once done. thx.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts