Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
This is my first post here. I'm a long time Volvo owner who just joined the Benz family. My previous Cars were

2001 Volvo S60 T5 MT
2004 Volvo S60 R MT
2007 Volvo S80 3.2 AT (ugh)

I got sick of my automatic, so one night, whilst looking around, i found this Red C300 Sport MT at Carmax. 2008 with only 24k miles. I grabbed it, especially becasue Carmax offered 3k more for my car than blue book.

I really like this car. I do miss perforated leather with cooling, and keyless entry which i had on the S80, but otherwise i like this a lot. The MT feels great to have again, and this is my first MT with rear wheel drive.

The S60R had more power, and was AWD. the shifter was definately shorter, but i dont mind this car at all. It revs nice, and sounds great between 3k and 5k.

I just passed 35k miles, and the serpentine belt "fell off". I limped the car slowly to the dealer, and they replaced it for just under 240. They said there was a tensioning problem which made a tear in the belt (i saw the tear). The tensioning was covered by my extended warranty i was able to get from MB.

On that note, since i bought the car from Carmax, and the car was still under the factory warranty, i was able to get the extended MB warranty. I would have preferred a Certified Pre-owned, but mt in this area is rare, and i went with all i could.

Now i just need to wait for a good amount of rain so i can try out a few spins :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts