Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
listed the model year of your car under your avatar, as suggested above.

Ok thanks I think I've done that correctly now I needed to be in desktop mode.
Please verify

And you're correct
I have no flashing red light and more than likely all codes are cleared.

I spoke with many people because unfortunately this is a car not many people specialize in.

But I'm learning into that hopefully I can share here and help like everyone else does.

I have learned that there is a low refrigerant code like you said that if on would need cleared before a system will turn on.

I have learned that a compressor can work with doing the break in. But it's better to do it and lasts longer.

I have learned that its hit or miss with any aftermarket or refurbished compressor and most shops prefer MB part only.

I just spoke with a guy who does this on the side not a major shop and he had a ton of info.

I'll continue to post results and I wish I could on first post is that possible from desktop?
Mobile only allows recent post edits

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,861 Posts
Model year is present - thanks! When we are trying to answer a question, having it below your avatar makes finding it much easier - and you don't have to keep re-entering it.

You should have edit capability from your desktop; I don't know about mobile. My editing permissions as a mod are different from yours. (Which also means I can edit your posts. If it is important to your discussion, send me a PM specifying what you need changed, and I can change it; best if you write exactly what you want so I can cut & paste).

There is no problem in casting a wide net to get answers to your concerns, The only difficulty is that in those discussions, we don't know what the opening assumptions of your question was in the other discussion - were they the same as here, or did something change (e.g., the code discussion on an installed compressor that had failed, vs. codes on a newly-installed compressor - different answers). And, of course, we don't know the full answer or any qualifiers the person who responded gave. But it is your car, and your decisions - and you are the one who must be satisfied (even if it can be confusing).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I just came across this thread and have similar problems with the A/C in my 2009 S63 AMG. Replaced the compressor, Receiver drier and expansion valve, pulled a vacuum on the system and attempted to charge the system with R134 however cant the compressor to energize. I reset all the A./C codes however I keep getting a B12 (Refrigerant Pressure sensor) - open circuit error which I'm pretty sure is keeping the compressor from energizing and allowing me to finish filling the system. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Hello, I just came across this thread and have similar problems with the A/C in my 2009 S63 AMG. Replaced the compressor, Receiver drier and expansion valve, pulled a vacuum on the system and attempted to charge the system with R134 however cant the compressor to energize. I reset all the A./C codes however I keep getting a B12 (Refrigerant Pressure sensor) - open circuit error which I'm pretty sure is keeping the compressor from energizing and allowing me to finish filling the system. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

My situation ended up being VERY complicated.

First, the front fuse module (not sam) had a short in it. This fixed most of my problems...except of course the AC.
The AC is supposed to receive a signal from the front SAM as to when to kick on.
My MB mechanic had a spare front sam. Switching did nothing.
Also tried another ac module to bo avail.
Tried wire tracing for about a week before we finally just decided to run a toggle switch to send the signal , because something was killing the signal that we never were able to find.
It's been well over 6 months and with this switch I have no issues with my AC.
I'm a little disappointed that I have to use the switch but it's better than no AC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive been working on mine for the past month. MB wanted to charge me over $2800 to replace the compressor and all other related comp0onents. I replaced the pressure switch on the receiver drier and tried reservicing (vacuum and R134) but to no avail same issues. Did you run a toggle switch directly to the compressor?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My original issue was that the ac compressor started leaking and wouldnt hold refrigerant any longer. Took it to MB and was told the the comoressor and associated components needed to be replaced all at a costs of $2800. Im sure the code was present with the original compressor when the pressure depleted.

After purchasing and installing the new compressor, drier and expansion valve, i couldnt turn the A/C on from inside the car using the onboard selector. Everytime i attempted to do so, the A/C Max cool would default to off. I used my scanner to reset the system and i was able to select A/C max cool, however, the compressor would still not turn on and would flag code B12.

I replaced the pressure swithch on the drier but still no luck. Any idea where the other pressure switch is located that the B12 code is flagging?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts