Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to save a couple hundered dollars on changing my spark plugs in a 2007 R350. But i cant see the plugs for all the plastic housing cover. I assume they are located somewhere under this plastic. Am I correct and how do i go by accessing these plugs to change them. Is their a video or can someone help me in this

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350 2005 ml350 SE
2,605 Posts
I would like to save a couple hundered dollars on changing my spark plugs in a 2007 R350. But i cant see the plugs for all the plastic housing cover. I assume they are located somewhere under this plastic. Am I correct and how do i go by accessing these plugs to change them. Is their a video or can someone help me in this
You nee to pull the appearance cover off, carefully it is held on by spring clips. Doing my ml500 plugs as i am typing this popped in to check on what to torque them to.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Found the torque specs they are actually in the owners manual. Another member posted that it was , can’t remember who it was to give them credit.

Any way went with 20 ft# kinda glad, some of them were a little stiff going in and were tough to Get by hand past the first few full turns. Got it done.

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,116 Posts
There are individual coils attached to each sparkplug. You'll need a TORX bit to remove them. Be careful not to break the locking tab when disconnecting the wiring.

The plugs are especially deep set into the cylinder head. Good to inspect with light for dirt in the cavity and to be able to blow any out before removing the plug. Useful to find specialty lubricant to grease the rubber boots a little bit.

It's a bit fiddly to get the air cleaner remounted ... if it doesn't seal as designed around the MAF sensor, you'll get a check engine light.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Are you aware of any video i can view to change these spark plugs. I have a few pieces of plastic appearance cover on as well as some kind of bar that looks like it need to be removed ALSO..
Here is a 2 minute video hope it helps.

You should blow or vac out the spark plug wells, before removing the plugs if there is a grain of sand and it falls in the cylinder bad things can happen. You can use canned air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.