Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So my wife's new (used) 2007 came with the black cargo cover, but it wasn't installed. I can't find the extenders in the car, but for now, that's not the problem. I used the spring lock mechanism as described in the user manual and got the thing inserted into the mounts behind the third seat, but there is no way that the little rods that extend out the sides to "catch" in the mounts will ever reach to the sides of the car. Now, I'm an engineer by degree, so I'd like to think that I'm smart enough to understand the darn user manual, but either I am dumber than a box of rocks (highly possible) or perhaps they gave her the wrong cover. That being said, I can't seem to find a Google search either here on this site or out there in the dang ol' Inner-netz that tells me the genuine part number for this item. I know the one I have is an actual MB item, as it has a sticker on the underside of the cover that says so and indicates that it was made in the USA.

Anyway, can someone give a dummy a hand? :) Thanks!

Regards,
Jeff

·
Registered
124 Posts
MB doesnt sell the extenders by themselves..you have to buy the new one or used one with the extender included..look on Ebay for them..you will find them..I bought a cargo cover on ebay cheap but forgot that it need the extender caps...so I bought them on Ebay for cheap ....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understood on the extenders, but since she will likely always have the third seat UP, we don't need them right away. I'm more concerned with the fact that there appears to be absolutely no way to actually attach the part that pulls out to the "tracks" or guides that seem to be there for it to go into. i.e. the slot/groove thing is too far out to the sides of the vehicle for the little rods to slide into. Basically, since the cover itself tapers, it's too narrow to go into the grooves.

I'll try to snap some pictures tomorrow. More and more I think this is the cover for a different vehicle, not her R350.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ok,

Here are a couple pics I finally took of the cargo cover they gave her for her R350, which I am thinking is the wrong one. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

Regards,
Jeff
Good evening Jeff,

The cover you have is not for the R. The below pictures are of the cover off a R. There is not a chrome ring around the "adjustment" button. As well, the stops on the sides are shorter than those in your pictures. The part number for the cover is A2518100109 9B28 (black).

Best wishes,
Felix

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Felix! That is SUPER helpful! I'll pass this along to to my wife and hopefully they can get her setup with the correct cover and extenders. Thanks again!

Regards,
Jeff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good evening Jeff,

The cover you have is not for the R. The below pictures are of the cover off a R. There is not a chrome ring around the "adjustment" button. As well, the stops on the sides are shorter than those in your pictures. The part number for the cover is A2518100109 9B28 (black).

Best wishes,
Felix
Hi Felix,
I’m looking for a beige cover similar to the one shown in your photographs... I don’t suppose that one is for sale or whether you know of one that might be?
Thanks in anticipation and kind regards,
Bertybuoy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts