Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML350
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a 2007 ML350. I asked the seller about the phone hook up and he said I would need to take it to a MB dealer to have my phone hook up/programmed because a special code is required.

It's already navigation enabled. However, are there any parts/accessories that I should ensure comes with the vehicle and/or ask the seller about in order to have the phone hooked up? For example, I read somewhere that there's an accessory that comes in the hand rest compartment for this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2008 ML320CDI Iridium Silver/Black, NAV, P2 pkg, Sirius, Harmon Kardon. Active Bi-Xenon
478 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML350
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Many thanks. I understand that the prewiring can be costly to retrofit, so I'm hoping it's already in place.

Rather than depending on the word of the seller, how can I verify for myself if pre-wiring is already in place? Do I have to take the vehicle to the dealer or audio shop?

Thx

·
Registered
2008 ML320CDI Iridium Silver/Black, NAV, P2 pkg, Sirius, Harmon Kardon. Active Bi-Xenon
478 Posts
Prewiring can be determined by VIN, if you want you can post it here. Also, you can open armrest and look for a black connector, it may have a black cap on it. Also, you can get the bluetooth puck at wireless4mb.com or even ebay. I didnt have to visit dealer when I plugged mine in.

Heres a link to full blog post.
http://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w164/223678-bluetooth-2008-ml350.html
see below.

http://mbworld.org/forums/attachments/m-class-w164/123034d1201698437-bluetooth-2008-ml350-image_01.jpg

·
Registered
2007 ML350
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Pharaoh Zone, you can't just throw that statement out and not give me some concrete reasons!!! Haven't closed the deal as yet, so please share your experience.

@1997E300D, you have been very helpful. Thank you. So, I did call a local MB dealer with the VIN. Unfortunately, it isn't pre-wired for phone hook-up, and the Service Advisor told me that MB wouldn't be able to do a retrofit. However, I got a good recommendation for a audio shop to integrate a bluetooth system.

For other Canadians out there, who maybe considering this, I called the shop and the cost is CA$399 all in if the radio is not fibre-optic controlled and CA$899 if it is. The audio shop thinks the radio isn't fibre optic controlled as they recently completed a similar installation on a ML350 (I didn't get the year though).

Glad I found this forum!!! Thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Pharaoh Zone, you can't just throw that statement out and not give me some concrete reasons!!! Haven't closed the deal as yet, so please share your experience.

@1997E300D, you have been very helpful. Thank you. So, I did call a local MB dealer with the VIN. Unfortunately, it isn't pre-wired for phone hook-up, and the Service Advisor told me that MB wouldn't be able to do a retrofit. However, I got a good recommendation for a audio shop to integrate a bluetooth system.

For other Canadians out there, who maybe considering this, I called the shop and the cost is CA$399 all in if the radio is not fibre-optic controlled and CA$899 if it is. The audio shop thinks the radio isn't fibre optic controlled as they recently completed a similar installation on a ML350 (I didn't get the year though).

I have a 2007 ml 350 that I got in July of 06 one of the first 07 and it was prewired all I added was the puck in the center console

·
Registered
2010 ML550, 2012 GLK350 4Matic
227 Posts
3 major things to watch for in a 2007,
1. Valve body conductor plate
2. Front differential
3. Balance shaft (early models)

If you don't have a record of these things already fixed on the car then either be prepared to fix them or look for a reputable aftermarket warranty.

If you have Harman Kardon sound then you have fiber-optic connector to the amp and that has nothing to do with the phone I believe...

·
Registered
2007 ML350
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I bought it!!! My first MB. Paying $100 to have the remainder of the previous owner's warranty transferred.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts