Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, has anyone have attempted to remove the radio from an 2007,
ML-320?, if so, how does the face plate come off to get to the four mounting screws that hold the radio in place??:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
easy!

Hello, has anyone have attempted to remove the radio from an 2007,
ML-320?, if so, how does the face plate come off to get to the four mounting screws that hold the radio in place??:)
Hi
Very easy job.See Mercedes Electronics upgrades, installation and retrofits for details and also read my expirience doing this.
It took me 20 minutes to fit the comand APS and reassemble,using the instructions found in mercupgrades.com. Only the fitting of the antenna, which is provided in most packages found in ebay, differs slightly from instructions found there.Antena comes in one piece,and must be fitted on the blue connection behind the comand and the other end with the magnet as far deep as your hand can reach towards the glass with the top(black bit) facing the sky and the magnet underneeth.Then had to take it to the dealer to code the unit (star diagnosis),and open the fibre optic bus.This can be done nowdays online on the spot and don't have to wait few days(LIKE MERUPGRADES SAY)to update the FDOK system at Mercedes in Germany.Special attention if you are planning to connect more auxiliary equipment to the unit,ie tv tuner,cd changer etc,like i did, tell them to activate all fibre optic buses.To be sure that this is done tell them to fit one of their cd changers on just to be sure that are open.Once this is done your system can acquire satellite connection.If not try relocating the antena,like i did.Took the unit out again(5 minutes this time honest!!)and took the antena while been fitted on the unit outside from the window on the roof,and went for a drive,once i had managed to find some satellites i put it back in a possition that I did not loose the satallites.
I will send photos of the whole project as i had fitted a tv tuner and dvd player,wich can be use while driving,sound system upgrade, screans for backseats etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts