Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 ML 320 CDI has ~28,000 miles getting closer for 30,000 mile service. Based on the Maintenance Booklet it requires Service-1(Engine and brake inspection, Service-3 (Oil and filter change) and Service-5 (Replace combination filter passenger compartment).

I have no problem so far, other than recall for tranny sensor change. I have replaced tire at ~22K with Goodyear "Fortera" excellent tire for wet surface with better handling and quite ride than conty. City Millage ~23 MPG and highway ~27MPH at ~60 mile on highway.

Over all happy with car other than higher routine maintaince cost compare to my Accura.

What is the cost? I am in Atlanta area?

·
Registered
2007 Alpine Rain/Ash ML320 CDI
300 Posts
You should be able to call around to dealship service centers in your area and get an estimate. When I took mine into the shop for the first visit the service writer mumbled something about it being the "big one" at 30K Miles and costing something over $1000. I didn't pay much attention until the first oil change which cost $313. Since then I bought my own tools and have rotated my own tires, inspected the brakes for wear, inspected the shocks (one leaking), changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, and cabin filters (well one of them - see a previous post), inspected the other fluid levels and other minor inspections recommended by the book. I will be taking it in for the transmission service but that's all I will pay for. In my opinion M-B Factory service is very good but it is too expensive and I'll only use it for tasks that I am unable or uncomfortable doing. Now, if I win the Powerball Lottery all bets are off!

·
Registered
2006 ML350
612 Posts
$1000 dollars doesnt sound off at the dealers. However it is way over priced. When I got service 1 and 3 done...the dealer quoted $500+ (they couldn't even give me an accurate estimate) but my independent MB mechanic (a very reputable shop) did it for $178. So I imagine your 30k service will be somewhere in the ball park of $300 at a good indy....but likely around $1000 at the dealer

·
Registered
70 Posts
Atlanta Classic Cars offers very competetive prices on service. Your service should be considered as B service or a AB Hybrid and it should be below 500 .

Please remember to share your experience with that dealer

My 2007 ML 320 CDI has ~28,000 miles getting closer for 30,000 mile service. Based on the Maintenance Booklet it requires Service-1(Engine and brake inspection, Service-3 (Oil and filter change) and Service-5 (Replace combination filter passenger compartment).

I have no problem so far, other than recall for tranny sensor change. I have replaced tire at ~22K with Goodyear "Fortera" excellent tire for wet surface with better handling and quite ride than conty. City Millage ~23 MPG and highway ~27MPH at ~60 mile on highway.

Over all happy with car other than higher routine maintaince cost compare to my Accura.

What is the cost? I am in Atlanta area?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts