Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I purchased an 07 e-class 6 months ago from a MB dealer and now i am having so many problems with my car. It only has 55,000 km on it and since purchasing it have only done 6,000km. To start off with the problems: firstly, 3 days after purchasing it I found a rattling noise coming from the driver-side door which would get severely worse as you would increase in speed. So I took the car back to the dealer and they took the door apart and did not find anything wrong and re put it back together. Then I realized that the badges on the side of the car that say "avantagarde" were missing on both sides so the dealer then installed those on. Secondly, the front speaker was damaged and was replaced also with the 2 rear speakers. Then I had to go back to the dealer because the the rear parktronic system was failing and the sensor light kept falling out. Throughout all this time it was noted that when the car is left out during the rain the next day you see these white spots all over the car which do not go from cleaning the car. My car is always parked in the garage and only when caught in the rain outside it is left out. Most recently, the car has started to shake while stopped at a light and I am not sure what is causing this? Furthermore, while driving on the hwy the floor boards are shaking and the passenger seat is rapidly vibrating while the steering wheel vibrates aswell. Also, the car is very uncontrollable when driving on hwy speeds as it keeps bearing to the left while keeping the steering wheel straight? Lastly, there is a loud rattling/clicking noise coming from the rear seems to be behind the passenger seat.
If anyone can answer my concerns of the problems in red in regards to the shaking and vibrating that will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
mercedes w211 e350, B200 w245, w212 e63 amg 6.2L
1,010 Posts
ok well i can answer why your car heavily shakes at high speeds etc etc, its because you need wheel balancing.
Take it for that.
But yeah you bought a pretty faulty mercedes the previous owner must've treated it like shit thats what it sounds like to me.
By the look of it you bought it because it had low Km's and didnt look into anything before your purchase.

·
Registered
mercedes w211 e350, B200 w245, w212 e63 amg 6.2L
1,010 Posts
Im sure one of the other highly knowledged members could answer some of the other problems with your car.

·
Registered
06 E350 4matic -- 98 E38 740i
215 Posts
thats a lot of problems!!!, does the car still have warranty left? if not maybe buying an extended warranty for a couple grand then just giving them the car to fix would be an idea or maybe completely trading in the car for another one just the same....

I think even if you fix it you will just keep getting problems over and over if the previous owner mistreated the benz..

But regarding your car shaking it could be due to a faulty MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor you should look into that...

hope that helps... good luck

good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for your help........I just find out after having my winter tires put on that the MB dealer sold me the car with 2 bent rims
What do I need to do fix this?

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,126 Posts
They are going to stick you on those. They will say that it could have happened after
the car left the dealership from the sale.

See if yours are on this list here. This place sends out straightened and refinished OEM
wheels. 2007 MERCEDES MB 211 Chrome Rims, Alloy Wheels, Steel Wheels, Hubcaps, Replacement Lights, Mirrors, Floor Mats, Center Caps, Chrome Trim Accessories, OEM Replacements @ WheelsAndCaps.com
The other option would be to find a local shop that can do the work, but it may be
cheaper to go with the link I posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info in regards to the bent rims but my MB dealership are covering that for me. Just another quick question, my left hand side passenger exterior mirror does not dim at night but the interior rearview mirror and driver exterior mirror dim. Does that mean that it needs replacing? Lastly, the ambient light package has stopped coming on for the interior of my car and have also noticed that the dashboard where the speedometer is located is very dim, how to fix this.
Thanks once again.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,126 Posts
I am glad the dealer is handling the rims for you. The car will feel a lot better.

As far as the ambient light and dash dim lighting there may be something the SDS can
find on that. Before just throwing parts and speculation at it I would have car tested.
It may be a a sign of a weakening battery or a bad ground. Lots of variables to consider.

·
Registered
31 Posts
the dashboard where the speedometer is located is very dim
I'm no expert on these newer Mercedes, so I can't answer most of your questions, however: like most cars, the dash lights are adjustable. There is a knob somewhere that you turn to make them brighter or dimmer. The only Mercedes I've owned was a w124 (300TE 4matic) but on that it was the same knob that reset the trip odometer (I didn't realize it for quite a while... over a year or so, the dash lights faded out to nothing (from resetting the odometer). Finally, I looked in the manual and found the adjustment.

Shaking on the highway is probably the wheels, as you've discovered. Vibration while stopped at a light could be a couple things, but I think the most likely culprit is a damaged/badly worn motor mount. It could also be a transmission mount or perhaps even an exhaust mount transferring vibrations from the engine into the car. If it's more of a "shaking" than a "vibrating" it's probably something else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for all you input, but my dealer is not doing anything about the vibrations while the vehicle is standing running. Apparently on the last visit they repaired the two rims that are bent, they replaced the panorama sunroof by re sealing it and insulating it back again, replaced all the wood trim in the car, replaced the rear sun blind, re wired the car again. I am so worried as they never told me that they were going to do any of this and my new car warranty expires this March. When I picked up my car I noticed the front driver wood trim was all cracked and there was a huge scratch on the rear of the car. This car has only been such a nuisance for me. Does anyone know if the star certified warranty is the same as the extended limited warranty.
Thanks once again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks guys for all you input, but my dealer is not doing anything about the vibrations while the vehicle is standing running. Apparently on the last visit they repaired the two rims that are bent, they replaced the panorama sunroof by re sealing it and insulating it back again, replaced all the wood trim in the car, replaced the rear sun blind, re wired the car again. I am so worried as they never told me that they were going to do any of this and my new car warranty expires this March. When I picked up my car I noticed the front driver wood trim was all cracked and there was a huge scratch on the rear of the car. This car has only been such a nuisance for me. Does anyone know if the star certified warranty is the same as the extended limited warranty.
Thanks once again.
They replaced all the wood-trim, and now it's cracked? That should definitely be fixed. As for the scratch... that's tough. Do you have any recent pictures (scratchless before going to the dealer) that might help prove they did it? You should definitely complain and try to get them to fix it, but I doubt you'll have much luck. As for the vibration at idle--if the car's under warranty, they need to fix it. Complain some more, and if it doesn't work, try to speak to someone higher up. If that doesn't work, keep going higher. If you get all the way to the top and no one will help you, file a complaint with the BBB. You want to get it taken care of as soon as possible (especially with the warranty running out).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the help guys......I finally am given up with this vehicle and think I am going to trade it in for a BMW...but does anyone know what is a good trade in value for my vehicle:
- it is an 07 E350 4matic with 55,000 km
- it is a Toronto - Canadian Vehicle
Has the following packages:
- Panoramic Roof
- Linguatronic
- Avantagarde Sport Package
- Premium Package
- MHI MB Bluetooth
It is basically fully loaded and also comes with Star Certified Warranty up till 2013.
If anyone could help me by letting me know what is a good trade in value for my vehicle, that will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks once again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Everyone,
does anyone know what is a good trade in value at the moment for my e-class?
Also, i saw in other forums that some of the 2007 engines are defective......how do I know if my is defective or not?
Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts