Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone stole my bag with the 07 CLK 350 couple manual in it. I have checked a few web sites for free download but none worked. Can someone share with me how I may get one online? Many thanks!

The Chinese dealership charges me RMB975 (US$144) for an official replacement from Germany.

By the way, the factory warranty available in China for new vehicles is two-year, unlimited mileage warranty. Maintenance is not free, either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Same unlucky guy

Boy, now I just found out that my second key was also in the bag that was stolen. Called the dealership with the $144 owner's manual and was told a replacement smart key will cost RMB5300 (US$780).

Can I simply order a regular spare key (metal) without the smart functions? I would imagine this should be a lot cheaper. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
I guess this is a good reminder for others not to keep both keys in the same place.

I've found a pdf copy of a US manual for a MY 2005 car. The European on-line manual would probably match better with your car:
Interactive Owner's Manual [In depth | Keywords | A]

In Europe and the US you can order the metal key separately but it only allows you to enter the car, I assume you would want to drive it some day too. Then you will have to order the smart key.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much.

Actually only one smart key was stolen. I still have the other one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts