Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I recently purchased a 2007 E350 4Matic Sport, with the p2 package. So, after searching for the past 2 hours on how to connect my cell phone, and still being completely lost (I thought I was somewhat tech savvy) I've seen pucks, MHT(?) Wires sticking out of the armrest, which I don't have, Bluetooth adapters, all different things, that have confused me more than when I originally saw the "Connect Cellphone" text on the Comand screen.

So, I have a Blackberry Curve 8330, on Sprint, and I want to be able to integrate it into my car. The only thing that I see in my armrest is what appears to be some sort of clip, right above the place where I currently put my change (behind, not underneath, the cup holders). Am I missing something that's supposed to be there? If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your time. :thumbsup:

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,864 Posts
Welcome to the forum, ChuteBoxe.

Take a look at the phone bulletin for the '05 E-Class at http://phdwebsite.powerpulse.cc/Phone Install Bulletins/2005 E Sedan.pdf - if the "clip" you mentioned looks like the one at Fig. 32, then you have phone prewiring and (I believe) cellular (handsfree) equipment already installed. If that is the case, all you need is a Bluetooth puck (MHI BT Info) to integrate a compatible Bluetooth phone.

The only Sprint Blackberry listed as compatible with this module is the 8830, not the 8330. See Phones and http://www.wireless4mb.com/MB.pdf

The '07 E-Class is very different from the '05, I know, but both use the MHI phone system. The data on the AWS site (the links I gave you) is accurate and up to date. You do not have to buy a phone from AWS, but you do need compatible equipment and compatible firmware; you can often get these from your cellular service provider (though Sprint seems to offer fewer compatible options).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wife wound up ordering me the Bluetooth Adapter for Christmas. Totally blew me away. I was even thinking she overpaid, and I finally got out of her that she paid $160 including shipping through ebay! It's the real deal, in the orginal Mercedes box, with the part no. on it. Glad I mentioned that I came here last week, and what you said. Anyways, hooked it up earlier, it clipped right in, turned the car off by accident (hit the keyless start button), turned it back on, pressed the Mercedes emblem button on the bt adapter, paired my Blackberry, entered the password, and everything worked great! I can see my address book through the comand screen, sending/ending/receiving calls works perfect, etc... So apparently the BB Curve 8330 through Sprint does work with our car. Thanks again for your help! :thumbsup:

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,864 Posts
Thank you for the feedback. I'm sure a lot of folks will be happy to know that the Blackberry Curve 8330 works with the Bluetooth puck. Folks have been reporting good compatibility with the Blackberry Storm, too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a 2007 E-350 4matic and need info about cell phone connection

Hi all,

I just got the 2007 E-350 4matic Premium 1 package with tel and the salesperson at the dealership mentioned that I need to buy "something" (don't remember) for my Palm Treo 755P to work.

My question is what is the "something" to buy? a bluetooth?

Can I buy on the web (e.g., ebay)?

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

Best regards,

Alex

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Hi all,

I just got the 2007 E-350 4matic Premium 1 package with tel and the salesperson at the dealership mentioned that I need to buy "something" (don't remember) for my Palm Treo 755P to work.

My question is what is the "something" to buy? a bluetooth?

Can I buy on the web (e.g., ebay)?

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

Best regards,

Alex
You should find the answers from the sticky at this forum, from Skylaw. You will find the link to AWS too:
Connectivity Options

If you have the phone kit as I understand, you would need the BT adapter that fits to the MHI connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts