Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light came on after accidently filling up with E85. I took the car to the dealer and they said my cam sensors, O2 sensors needed to be replaced. So after $2300 that work was done. I picked up the car and after about 10 miles the check engine light came back on. Back to the dealer and they reset it and said it was OK. Leaving the dealer the car started to miss and I thought it was going into limp mode. Back to the dealer and they took apart the throttle body and cleaned it. Everything on the computer checked out and they ran the car for a few hours. I picked up the car drove home and a few days later the check engine light is back on. Cars seems to drive ok...and I have not had the missing I had but I have not driven it for more than a few dozen miles....the dealer wants to diagnose it yet again and this time they said that the engine computer could be bad..and that is several thousand dollars. Seems to me that they have no idea and are just changing out parts and asking me to continue to pay for their efforts which I refuse to do. is there anything I should be looking into? Any ideas or similar problems from anyone else?

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,676 Posts
The first thing would be to get the codes scanned to see what is tripping the CEL.
Most big box parts stores will do it for free. If the code is part of the ODB-II list
then it will show up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first thing would be to get the codes scanned to see what is tripping the CEL.
Most big box parts stores will do it for free. If the code is part of the ODB-II list
then it will show up.
The dealer said that no codes come up..that it comes up passing all test...

·
Registered
2008 E350 110k, 2000 E320 143k, 1983 380SEC 240k
1,010 Posts
I find it hard to believe the E85 damaged all those components, especially the computer. They are throwing parts at it, at your expense. Drain the tank, refill with good gas, and drive. If the CEL comes on, there must be a code, never mind what the dealer says. Get the code read for free as suggested by Noodles and let us know.

The only potential problem I can think of, is the E85 causing the fuel filter to clog up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts