Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Im considering purchasing a 2007 E280CDI.

Just wondering if there are any issues with these cars. I have been told by some mechanics that the gearbox can give problems due to a circuit board inside.

If you can let me know of any common faults it will be greatly appreciated as I intend to keep the car to well outside its warrently period.

If the 280CDI has alot of problems can anyone recommend an alternative car in the Merc range of similar nature. A friend of mine had a 2003 E320CDI that required extensive work in connection with the gearbox and just want to check if its an issue I need to worry about but as I say any common faults please.

Thanks in advance to everyone for any help and advice.

Regards.

Paul.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
Was this "lots of work" with the 2003 E320CDI from the coolant leaking from the radiator to the tranny? That should concern only cars built before 9/2003 with a certain radiator make.

Not sure about the circuit board issue but there was an issue with a connector and its seals. Was an annoying oil leak but nothing serious and easy to fix. If it existed on this 2007 (built) car, it would have been fixed already. Anyway the two cars have a different tranny.

You should not need to worry about "known issues", just check that it is generally OK as if you were buying any other car and go for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts