Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes E-350
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the oil changed - not a MB dealer at 13,000 miles. I can't get the service interval to reset. Can someone give me the procedure - other than taking the car to the dealer? Thanks. David

·
Registered
Mercedes E-350
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
2007 E-350 Command Center to reset Maintenance Service Interval

General information: This uses the commands on the steering wheel. (1) The up and down arrows, and (2) the page up and down buttons on the left side, and (3) the - + buttons on the right of the steering wheel. There is a built in delay of a second or two between sub-menu items. Be patient.

Also note on the bottom of the center display that the mileage display (at the bottom) gets replaced with a sequence of page up - page down, and -+ symbols to help with navigation through the sub-menus. Read from right to left to get back out of the menu currently displayed.

How to reset the Maintenance Service interval:

- Switch ignition on to position one, (first click clockwise);
- "Outside temperature" should be displayed, if not move to it (You have to be in this display to go further);
- Press the trip odometer, "reset", knob three times consecutively ( The Voltage display will appear);
- Press Down Arrow to enter the "Service Menu". "Service Data" submenu below will be highlighted.
- Press right page to enter the Service data submenu. (Left page goes up in menus, -+ selects items displayed)
- Press - three times on right of wheel to highlight "Confirmation".
- Use right page to select to display sub-menu as to what to confirm.
- Select "Full Service" (No need to use -+.) to confirm this choice
- Press right page to confirm. (Delay is about 3 seconds.)
- Press left page twice to exit the menu system, or turn off the ignition switch.
- Turn off ignition. Turn back on. The display should show that it is recalculating the mileage and days. This takes about 60 seconds so be patient.

- Go back to living life with a small smile on your face.

Disclaimer / Caveat -
I did not understand all that I saw. If I could not "select" what was displayed by pressing right page, then I concluded that what was displayed was information, and not a command to be entered. I accept no responsibility for making this information publically available.
If you figure out some of what the US service intervals, etc. other service menus mean, please let me know. [email protected] David L. Carriere

·
Registered
Mercedes E-350
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vettdvr: I don't know.

I got lucky and got into the 2007 system for my E-350 using key position 1.

Some of the other internet postings suggest key position 2 was used earlier. Once you get into the 2003 system, you will probably have to navigate differently than what I described above. Dave

·
Registered
219 Posts
Very, very close

Your instructions for doing this are the best on the web and better than MB's instructions that are simply WRONG - they have you starting from a "mileage" display page when what they mean is the mph (speed) display page. Really bad proof reading on their part.

It appears that depending on what is the set home page of a particular post- 2003 W211, the instructions you give have to start on either the mpg (speed) page or the outside T display page. For me with my E320 CDI 2006, it was the speed page.

Nevertheless, you did get the part about the arrows right which the fellow with the next best instructions did not (he had you using + and - which does nothing.

Thanks a bunch!

- nopcbs
2007 E-350 Command Center to reset Maintenance Service Interval

General information: This uses the commands on the steering wheel. (1) The up and down arrows, and (2) the page up and down buttons on the left side, and (3) the - + buttons on the right of the steering wheel. There is a built in delay of a second or two between sub-menu items. Be patient.

Also note on the bottom of the center display that the mileage display (at the bottom) gets replaced with a sequence of page up - page down, and -+ symbols to help with navigation through the sub-menus. Read from right to left to get back out of the menu currently displayed.

How to reset the Maintenance Service interval:

- Switch ignition on to position one, (first click clockwise);
- "Outside temperature" should be displayed, if not move to it (You have to be in this display to go further);
- Press the trip odometer, "reset", knob three times consecutively ( The Voltage display will appear);
- Press Down Arrow to enter the "Service Menu". "Service Data" submenu below will be highlighted.
- Press right page to enter the Service data submenu. (Left page goes up in menus, -+ selects items displayed)
- Press - three times on right of wheel to highlight "Confirmation".
- Use right page to select to display sub-menu as to what to confirm.
- Select "Full Service" (No need to use -+.) to confirm this choice
- Press right page to confirm. (Delay is about 3 seconds.)
- Press left page twice to exit the menu system, or turn off the ignition switch.
- Turn off ignition. Turn back on. The display should show that it is recalculating the mileage and days. This takes about 60 seconds so be patient.

- Go back to living life with a small smile on your face.

Disclaimer / Caveat -
I did not understand all that I saw. If I could not "select" what was displayed by pressing right page, then I concluded that what was displayed was information, and not a command to be entered. I accept no responsibility for making this information publically available.
If you figure out some of what the US service intervals, etc. other service menus mean, please let me know. [email protected] David L. Carriere

·
Registered
219 Posts
Correction...

That should have been ["It appears that depending on what is the set home page of a particular post- 2003 W211, the instructions you give have to start on either the mph (speed) page or the outside T display page." Not mpg. I regret the error.

- nopcbs

QUOTE=nopcbs;4246215]Your instructions for doing this are the best on the web and better than MB's instructions that are simply WRONG - they have you starting from a "mileage" display page when what they mean is the mph (speed) display page. Really bad proof reading on their part.

It appears that depending on what is the set home page of a particular post- 2003 W211, the instructions you give have to start on either the mpg (speed) page or the outside T display page. For me with my E320 CDI 2006, it was the speed page.

Nevertheless, you did get the part about the arrows right which the fellow with the next best instructions did not (he had you using + and - which does nothing.

Thanks a bunch!

- nopcbs[/QUOTE]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts