Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - first post, so please be kind :)

Picked up my 07 CLS 320 CDi (registered March 07 in the UK) yesterday and am over the moon with it so far.

Fully specced up with Comand APS and prewired phone. I'd like to purchase a bluetooth adapter and could do with some advice.

I have a Samsung D900i phone and the Mrs has a Blackberry Pearl. Looking on various sites it would appear I require a Mercedes Bluetooth HFP Cradle. I have however also seen the ViseeO MBU-2 (MBU2000).

Can anyone -

1. Confirm that the above devices are correct for my phones ?
  2. Give me any advice with regard to the prons and cons of HFP Vs Viseeo ?
  3. Give me any comments on the reliability / quality of these units ?
Finally, can anyone point me in the direction of a cheap UK supplier - MB want about £240 for the HFP, Comand.co.uk are selling the HFP for about the same and the Viseeo for £215.

Help really appreciated

Off to see if I can figure out the workings of the Comand unit.............:p

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Paul

I've been on the same quest for the 3 weeks since I've owned my CLS 320 :)

read lots of web discussions and lost out on about a dozen ebay auctions for the HFP (I run a 2G iphone and blackberry btw) and decided to plump for the Viseeo MBU2 instead as it seems like the audio quality is better from what folks say - less echo...

Anyway it will be here in a week or so (£199 inc postage on ebay) so i will post my thoughts on it here and link to the ebay seller also

Cheers - hope you're loving the car as much as I am too ;)

Michael

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Head - I think thats what I'll probably end up going with as well. Loving the car - look forward to your review of the Viseeo

Incidentally, have you managed to update the Sat Nav discs yet ?

Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Paul - Did you decide on which BT puck to go for?

I just received my Viseeo MB-2 today and connected up. Really impressed with the ease of install and the clarity of the voicecalls.

Am having a problem getting my phone book to upload though. (Using a BBerry Pearl - so might affect your decision as its one of your phones) will update you if I get it sorted...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Paul - Did you decide on which BT puck to go for?

I just received my Viseeo MB-2 today and connected up. Really impressed with the ease of install and the clarity of the voicecalls.

Am having a problem getting my phone book to upload though. (Using a BBerry Pearl - so might affect your decision as its one of your phones) will update you if I get it sorted...
Rodge - would be interested in hearing how you get on - I was about to order the Viseeo but phonebook is important to me :(

Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Paul, no luck with the phonebook yet but have a question on another forum out there in internetland with a response indicating that the chap had no difficulty in syncing the phonebook on a Pearl - will let you know how I get on...

On the upside the bluetooth connection has been good - the car recognises the phone first time every time when I get into it. When I'm on a call on the handset and get into the car it smoothly transfers the call to the COMAND.

Bought the Viseeo on a whim - got caught up in an internet auction one night... lets hope I don't live to rue the day!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Paul, no luck with the phonebook yet but have a question on another forum out there in internetland with a response indicating that the chap had no difficulty in syncing the phonebook on a Pearl - will let you know how I get on...

On the upside the bluetooth connection has been good - the car recognises the phone first time every time when I get into it. When I'm on a call on the handset and get into the car it smoothly transfers the call to the COMAND.

Bought the Viseeo on a whim - got caught up in an internet auction one night... lets hope I don't live to rue the day!!

Sounds good the fact that the phone is clear - hope you get the phonebook sorted

How much did you pay on fleabay by the way (if you dont mind me asking!)

Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update...
Got bored in traffic this morning and tried a few options - found an option under - Bluetooth Settings for the specific device to allow addressbook transfer - hey presto have phonebook on COMAND - havent checked whether fully synced yet - will update later (but its looking distinctly like user error for the problems so far...!)

Paul - paid a whopping 180 Euro plus 17 Euro for registered delivery (from Germany...) Brand new in box so very happy with the price considering some quoted here...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts