1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CL600 Brabus Kit
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First post here, great community.

I picked up a 2007 CL600 with Brabus body kit and wheels (sadly, not the Brabus engine) with 77K miles and a decent service history (ABC recently flushed, etc.) . Not my first Merc.

However, I noticed the tires look a little low. I know the sensor lights should come on, and I have the original manual with PSI suggestions but obviously not for Brabus wheels that are much bigger than stock.

Car looks exactly like the one below

The largest corresponding tires are size 265/30 ZR 21 in front and size 295/30 ZR 21 in the rear

Currently on Michelin tires, I'll get the exact specs as soon as I get home but thought someone on here would know pretty quick!

Thank you and let me know what else I can share to help!

(Next is a random Parktronic warning in traffic to fix...I just turn it off since I don't use it but quite annoying if you forget to do so and the lights and alarm goes on)

·
Registered
2007 CL600 Brabus Kit
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello? bump

rear tires michelin 285/30ZR21 (100y) Extra Load
front tires michelin 245/35ZR21 (96Y) Extra Load

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,033 Posts
Proper tire pressure generally has nothing to do with the size of rims/tires. The pressure indicated for the car is based on its chassis dynamics and is the same for any tires you use. The on;y exceptions to that would be if you went with really huger oversized offroad tires (which is not the case here).

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,033 Posts
Yeah if you remember back to the whole Ford Explorer/Firestone tire debacle, the whole problem was that Ford had specified a pressure that we too low based on the vehicle's weight. That caused the tires to "sag" which made them overheat (due to all the flexing) resulting in blowouts. The media, not understanding physics, just blamed Firestone for selling defective tires. In reality, it was Ford's fault for lowering the pressure in order to give their heavy truck a more comfortable ride. This is also what spurred the (as usual) knee-jerk reaction to require TPMS on all cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts