Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 C350
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Own a 2007 C350 with approximately 82k miles. When driving smoke entered interior of car and I smelled burning oil. Noticed oil on passenger side valve cover and oil on manifold. Checked oil level and had very little oil still in car (most on floor of garage). I had a mechanic power washed engine and replaced oil filter and filled with oil. Car in garage for two days mechanic has put about 100 miles on car and let idle for about an hour and he cannot find any leak. Anyone ever face this situation?

·
Registered
2012 SLS AMG
2,135 Posts
Own a 2007 C350 with approximately 82k miles. When driving smoke entered interior of car and I smelled burning oil. Noticed oil on passenger side valve cover and oil on manifold. Checked oil level and had very little oil still in car (most on floor of garage). I had a mechanic power washed engine and replaced oil filter and filled with oil. Car in garage for two days mechanic has put about 100 miles on car and let idle for about an hour and he cannot find any leak. Anyone ever face this situation?
MikeC350,

Being a 2007 model year, this is actually a 203 Chassis C-Class. It does, however, have the M272 V6 in it, and a very common issue with the M272 is failure of the cylinder head expansion plugs.

The o-rings on these plugs fail due to numerous heating and cooling cycles, as well as exposure to engine oil. Many owners of Mercedes vehicles with the M272 V6 opt to replace all of the cylinder head expansion plugs at once to stop the leaks.

We offer genuine Mercedes-Benz replacement cylinder head expansion plugs in a kit so that you have all of the plugs on hand for a complete replacement.

The expansion plugs are available HERE, or by clicking on the image of the expansion plugs below.

If there is anything else we can help you find, don't hesitate to post or send a PM!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts