Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all--

I've been experiencing some gas guzzling with my car. Just recently got an oil change, (6 quarts!) and it has been revving so high-- in the 3-4,000 range when I'm only going about 25 mph. Asked my dad about this and he said that the gas pedal just might be stuck due to it being in park. Could it be anything else?

Thanks,
Alice

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I'm a little confused ... your engine is reving 3-4k going 25 mph but the gas pedal is stuck in park? What setting are you in? Comfort or sport. The car will rev higher in the sport setting and also use more gas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gas pedal is not stuck in park--I was told that a potential cause of the problem could be something with the gas pedal due to it being in park for long amounts of time--which I don't think really happens. The car is in comfort, not sport, and I do understand the difference in rpm rates, but it is still revving unusually high for it being in comfort mode.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I don't think the gas pedel is the problem. If I try to remember tomorrow morning while going to work i'll switch my car over to comfort mode and watch the rpms. Is your tiptronic gears all the way up to "D"?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, all the way up to D. I rarely use tiptronic. I spoke to someone today and they said that I might need an air filter change. Maybe this could be it?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
well i forgot to check on the way to work cause i was running late but I wouldn't think you would need to change any filters until your Service A/B is due. The C does use a lot of fuel depending on your engine. I believe you have a v6 as do I. I go through a tank a week at times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check your oil level, these cars use between 8-9 quarts of oil when performing an oil change. Add if necessary and see if it it makes a difference, if not the car has a 4 year warranty to take it in ASAP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, my service A is definately due, it was 46 days ago. I just recently (about a month ago) got an oil changed, changed the oil filter, and will change the air filter probably within the next few days. I go through a tank once every 3 days... a week would be awesome! I think right now, I'm getting about 250 miles for my tank.. but I will reset it next time I fill up to see for sure. Thanks everyone! I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I go through a tank once every 3 days... a week would be awesome! I think right now, I'm getting about 250 miles for my tank.. but I will reset it next time I fill up to see for sure.
I go through one tank a week because I drive about 5 miles a day to a bus stop to commute to work. The only time I really drive my car distance is on the weekends when i'm off of work.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Where did you get your oil changed? Yes you should have more than 6qt. Also on that vehicle the trans tube and oil tube are right next to each other, hope someone didnt mix those up. But this is a problem for a tech to look at not for people to try to diagnose on a computer. You should have your car looked at.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts