Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
to clarify from my own experience and whats been posted...

07s changed somewhere in the midyear....no white connector on later ones, but white connector on early ones. not sure if they actually made the correct cable for the non white connector later ones. ours is an early 07 and happened to have it.

no HK doesnt have the aux just because it has the HK system. i had to add it to ours.
Thanks.

Another note - on your HK one, does the AUX sound as loud as other sources?

Isn't it weird that the car had an AUX right there and Mercedes didn't include it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
07's produced in 07 will not have the white harness. 07's made in 06 will. I know it sounds weird that your 07 was made in 06 but you can find the manf. date on your car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
on my 2007, I plugged the modified CDROM cable directly into the back of the Audio 10, ran it to a loop ground isolator, then directly to the HK Drive + Play. Sound is very clean and even (no need to adjust between Radio, Sirius or Ipod).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can you be more specific What do you mean by modified CDROM cable. Some pics or a link with more information of what exactly you did. I got a 2007 C230, I could not find the infamous white cable either. I found the black connector, but not white cable

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not Aux white connector on 2007 C230

My 2007 C230 does not have the infamous white connector. I found the black connector only. Any idea where to go from here? Has anyone found the how to connect a Aux input on a 2007 C230?

There is a post where they talk about "modified CDROM cable" can someone be more specific. A link or a picture?

Thanks,

Elkin

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK all

First, as a new member, let me say there is some great info in these threads. I have read through several of them but have seen some contradictory info on this topic so I have a few questions.

I recently bought a 2007 C280. There is a 6 disc changer in the glove box. After reading these threads, I did the CDC button test and got the "AUX Input Active" message. So:

1) Before I start opening up door sill panels, will this particular car have the "white connector" for me to connect an aux in cable?

2) If so, do I need part # A2104405005, or # A2035406107, or are they actually the same part as some posts have suggested? And what does the mp3 end of the cable look like?

3) Do you recommend the use of a ground loop isolator to prevent any hum from the connection?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I have had no hum whatsoever from mine with an MP3 player, but with a satellite radio I get alternator whine at a very low level. Haven't got around to putting in a ground loop isolator to fix that yet. The other end of the cable has a 3.5mm headphone jack on a connector meant to clip into a hole you cut in the side of the glovebox. You should have the connector if you get AUX input active on the screen. Of course with a 2007 there is an iPod kit available as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks zeet

I am only connecting an MP3 player (no I-Pod, no satellite) so that answers my questions. I'll start looking for that elusive white connector soon and if I find it I will order the aux in cable. I assume the MP3 end is a female jack? And then I connect the MP3 player with another cable with a male connector on each end? Rather than tap into the glove box, I may run a longer line from the end of the aux in cable to the MP3 player and run it under/behind the dash so it comes out near the ashtray/console area so it is within my reach.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The harness comes with lots of cable, you can run it to the center console no problem. If you do not have the white connector do not worry, you can get repair pins and add the appropriate wiring to the connector that goes into the back of the radio. Yes, you will need a 3.5mm extension cable to go between the aux connector and the MP3 player.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2007 C230 does not have the infamous white connector. I found the black connector only. Any idea where to go from here? Has anyone found the how to connect a Aux input on a 2007 C230?

There is a post where they talk about "modified CDROM cable" can someone be more specific. A link or a picture?

Thanks,

Elkin
Link to D.I.Y. Aux-In on 2007 W203 (without the wiring harness)

D.I.Y. Aux-In on 2007 W203 (without the wiring harness) (Large Image Warning!) - MBWorld.org Forums

Very easy to install. The hardest part was actually getting access to the back of the radio. Directions on how to access can be found here:

Link to D.I.Y. - 05+ w203 HU removal with pics
D.I.Y. - 05+ w203 HU removal with pics - MBWorld.org Forums

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No white connector

Followed all the great info and pics here. I have a 2007 C Class that was shipped here in Dec 06. I get the "Aux Input Active" message when I hold down the CDC button. I bought my aux in cable. I was able to open up all the panels as described. I went through and lifted up all the wires until all I could see was the metal of the car beneath them. I looked from the front kick panel to the back next to the seat under the door sill . . . and NO white connector! Saw three other connectors (blue, blac and yellow), but all were used and none were white. I too had an open black connector with a straight line of female receptacles and 2 blue wires. Could I possibly have missed the darn thing? Unless it's away from the rest of the wiring, I don't think I could have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
$5.00 bucks your 2007 does not have the cable run to any point in the body...

Go straight to the HU and make your own plug using the modified CDROM cable. Quick, easy, to the point, no more wondering... :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you have a 2007 stop looking for the bloody white connector. Check post by starr719 (in this same thread) he has the most amazing step by step description of how to hook up directly to the back of your HU.

I will try to do mine this weekend I will keep you posted if anyting. Kudos to starr719 and Birdsaw for such a great post!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
more in modified CD-ROM cable

Ok finally I had some time to work on it. I followed the modified CD-Rom approach see post by starr719 it has a link to the best post ever writen by TBirdsaw

D.I.Y. Aux-In on 2007 W203 (without the wiring harness) (Large Image Warning!) - MBWorld.org Forums
Very easy to install. The hardest part was actually getting access to the back of the radio. Directions on how to access can be found here:

Link to D.I.Y. - 05+ w203 HU removal with pics
D.I.Y. - 05+ w203 HU removal with pics - MBWorld.org Forums
Here are my findings.
While removing the ashtray. There is a picture that says "Use the flat head to pull the clip (both sides) forward then remove the complete ashtray" it took me more force than expected to push the clip. Similar experience with the step where you need to remove the climate unit. (See picture where it says using both hands, pull out the climate unit) you need to pull out hard, I almost chickened here it really took some force to remove the climate unit.

This was my first time I played around with my C230. Thus I had to figure out some basic stuff. For other newbies check picture "remove_lateral_panel.jpg".
remove_lateral_panel.jpg

Now, with regards to the routing of the cable. Figure 8 in the instructions Birdsaw mentioned they removed the glove box. But himself recomend not to remove it. I did not remove mine, it took me some time to figure out how to route the cable, but I managed to do it, see attached picture "routing_the_cable.jpg"
routing_the_cable.jpg

The CD-ROM cable I got was a little different from the one in the original post by Birdsaw, basically, the red and white where switched, I had a minor change in the wiring. Here is my wiring

CD-ROM Mercedes Cable
White (Left) -> Yellow
Red (Right) -> Black
Black(Ground) -> Brown and bare

Also as you will see in the picture I built the cable in the car (see "building_cable_and_connection_2_head_unit.jpg"), maybe not such a good idea. If you decided to do the same, be cautious with a possible dripping while soldering

building_cable_and_connection_2_head_unit.jpg

Finally an issue I found we need to double check.

As right now it is working Ok, but I think the original post, and I may have an issue with the ground cable. Need some help here, please someone analize the picture I posted and the original picture (see figure 12 and 13 in original post) if you analyze the figures close enough you will find that the CD-ROM black cable is connected to pin 11, according with the original post, this may be wrong, pin number 5 is ground not pin 11, any advice?

thank you

Elkin Arroyo-Negrete

·
Registered
7 Posts
earroyo: I got your PM. Interesting... I never noticed the instructions use #5 for the ground connector while the picture uses #11. Pin #11 grounds as well.

I built my wire using an old CDROM cable and a 3.5 male connector. I checked for continuity and resistance and all seems fine. I then installed the HK drive+ play with my Sirius S50 connected to the Aux of the HK.

Everything works fine with no volume problems/differences over CD or Radio. Got the car in December, connected everything by mid January. I use it almost exclusively over CD/radio every time I drive.

I would say we are good using #11 as shown.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2006 c230. Would I be able to install the aux connector in my car? It already has a 6 CD-Changer and shows the aux message when I press the CDC button for a few seconds. Let me know. Thanks.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
31 Participants
johnb29
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing