Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
7,873 Posts
Thanks Paulo..

I'm so surprised to see such a goopy soft gel-like liquid floating in there.

Never seen anything like it..and wouldn't want to be the one trying to get a proper soldering job done with that gel like goop getting in the way.

As Paulo said.....Heat is very tough around small electrical components like we are seeing in there. Always recommended to use a proper "heatsink" attached to absorb the extra heat generated before it reaches the sensitive circuits when soldering....(usually quite easy to add a heatsink....and again easy to remove after the soldering is complete.)

Glad to see Paulo offering so much extra help here seeing as he doesn't even have his B anymore...greatly appreciated..(y)

·
Registered
B170 (W245) - Year 2008
41 Posts
Congrats, you are through with the first hundle.

First, try to determine which wire is loose by measuring continuity.

Thereafter, try to lift gel / push it from bottom corner. You will have to do this repetitively for almost 10min, for you to create good room for soldering bit. Be careful not to push it too hard. There are some wires within the board, that are almost microscopic.

The videos above shows you how to solder the wires and the board. Non lead based solder were better when I was doing this.

Again Good luck.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Thereafter, try to lift gel / push it from bottom corner. You will have to do this repetitively for almost 10min, for you to create good room for soldering bit. Be careful not to push it too hard. There are some wires within the board, that are almost microscopic.

The videos above shows you how to solder the wires and the board. Non lead based solder were better when I was doing this.

Again Good luck.

I didn't see any links to a video

Again Good luck.

Yes. it's hard to get that goop off, but it is possible. What video are you talking about? I do not see a link. Is the soldered connection on the board as well as above the board, or just above it?

·
Registered
B170 (W245) - Year 2008
41 Posts
The repair worked well but lasted for one year before the gear developed issue with torque converter. Then I replaced the whole box.

·
Registered
B170 (W245) - Year 2008
41 Posts
Also, I has seen some YouTube videos posted yesterday. Looks like the links have been removed

21 - 27 of 27 Posts