Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
I pmed streetglower and he said to remove the console side carpet panels to see the drain hoses. I don't know how to remove the panels without breaking them, do you? Thanks i'll take a look this weekend.

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Sorry... don't know how it comes off...:surrender:

When you figure it out, please post it here so we can learn too!! :D

Good Luck and have Fun this weekend... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
I'll let you know. Does your CLK leave a puddle of water when parked?

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,385 Posts
I took a look today after parking.

Water drips in two puddles under the car - more or less in line with the side mirrors. Without getting underneath and removing the plastic covers, I can't see the a/c condensate tubes....

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
There are 2 tube above the tranny. I would remove the side capets but I don't know how.

There is absolutly no water under my car after driving.

Keyhole, does you AC have the awful smell?

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
It's too foggy and cool to use the A/C here in San Francisco... so don't know if there is a puddle or not. But am sure there would be if it were hotter!

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
Well I pulled off the side carpet and I found the drain line, I haven't done anything yet because the wife was home. My plan of action is to cut the rubber line and stuck a shopvac to it and stuck out all the crap in the heater case, and re connect the hose using a piece of metal and hose claps.

She would be all over my a$$ if I took here car apart and she found out.

·
Registered
2005 CLK 320, 1988 300E
13 Posts
I have the same problem of stinky ac at startup...

The smell is more apparent when the car has been parked in the sun for a while like when i start it after work at around 4 PM...

Still think condensate not draining?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,385 Posts
There are 2 tube above the tranny. I would remove the side capets but I don't know how.

There is absolutly no water under my car after driving.

Keyhole, does you AC have the awful smell?
Sorry - I'm a bit late on this, due to 'inattention' ....:)

No - no smell from the a/c. But I always get a 'fishy' smell from the cat at start-up, and I wonder if that air is being drawn from the cat/exhaust by your a/c.

Do you start your car in your garage, or an enclosed area?

·
Registered
2006 CLK350 Coupe
54 Posts
I also have an 06 CLK350, the filter is on top of batt like said by a few peeps,

however you can get just a paper filter or a carbon/charcoal activated one for replacement FYI

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
:thumbsup: Dang!!! This old thread is still alive and kickin' with over 375 hits!!!!

The 06 CLK 350 does NOT have a charcoal filter below the glove box, BUT

the 06 CLK 500 DOES HAVE the charcoal filter!!!

The charcoal filter will not harm the A/C system... it filters the smell from circulating through the A/C and the cabin. Just remember to change it or the air flow will be reduced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Carbon pollen filter is under the glove box in 2006 CLK500 (W209)

1) Turn latches (arrows) on recirculating air filter housing in passenger foot well 90° counterclockwise (open). To close during Installation, turn 90° clockwise.
2) Remove cover with recirculating air filter (2) towards bottom.
3) Open recirculating air housing.
4) Remove recirculating air filter.

NOTE : The recirculating air filter cannot be cleaned, it always must be replaced.

5) Installation is in the reverse sequence

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 CLK500 Cab with AMG package
29 Posts
This thread is alive again! Anyone know where to get the 2006 (w209) charcoal filter?? Doesn canadian tire carries it?? I know you can get the cabin filters on ebay for like $20 bucks

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Hi All...... glad to see this thread still alive!!!

So the cabin filter on top of the battery can be of two versions... paper filter and paper charcoal dust filter.

The charcoal dust is just that... a light coating of activated charcoal on top of the white paper filter.

It can be found on eBAY by searching for the vendor keenanmotors4311 , he has the OEM version for $32, but there are other vendors for less ... down to $20 for non-OEM.

:)

·
Registered
2004 CLK 500 Previously: 2001 CLK 430
107 Posts
Great thread, ok it seems this filter thing is pretty confusing lol, i thought i was buying the charcoal filters for underneath the glove compartment (i checked i do have them), but got the one for under the battery.

Vehicle Auto part Car Engine City car

Vehicle Radiator Engine Auto part Car

Vehicle Car Auto part Automotive exterior Trunk

Well now I have a new one for there, looks like it needed a change anyways.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts