Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes SL R129
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are a couple of photos of the restyled 2006 SL R230. It's clear that the front AMG bumper and the tail lights are restyled. These are the exact features that were restyled on the 2006 CLK W209.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes SL R129
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
The tail lights are NOT AMG restyled tail lights.

The AMG tail lights remain the same. This car is a SL with an AMG Sports Package and not a AMG.

The tail lights are restyled for the SL's in general with the exception of the AMG tail lights which remain the same.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL R129
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's right. These apply on the SL 350,500 & 600.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
I like the old bumper more - much more. The new bumper takes away the aggressiveness.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL R129
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LovinSL600 - 5/4/2005 6:27 PM

lnguyenh - 5/3/2005 6:07 AM

I like the old bumper more - much more. The new bumper takes away the aggressiveness.
I agree!
I agree too.
But I liked the hood with nose job. If I own a R230, I would have definitely get it. It gives the SL a SLR look from the front.

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
SILVER ARROW - 5/3/2005 3:40 PM

LovinSL600 - 5/4/2005 6:27 PM

lnguyenh - 5/3/2005 6:07 AM

I agree!
I agree too.
But I liked the hood with nose job. If I own a R230, I would have definitely get it. It gives the SL a SLR look from the front.
If the SL get the ugle nose job, I will never buy a SL again.

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
Hold on to your SLs boys!! Ther're gonna' be worth a lot of money if and when these UGLY SLs ever really do hit the market. If this is in fact the new style, then MB is even further out of touch with their consumer than I thought. Let's hope this Lotec nose is not going to be incorporated into the SL any time soon if ever. UGLY!!!!

·
Registered
A200 Turbo-C230K-S320 CDI-SL55-C63AMG
346 Posts
I like the rear lights. They're made to look a bit more like the new SLKs.

·
Registered
346 Posts
By the way, I like the new nose job and think that they should do it. But they shouldn't just put it on and leave it, they should find a good way to incorporate it into the car to give it a different look to the SLR.

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
This is a disaster IMHO...

cxt32 - 5/4/2005 8:07 AM

By the way, I like the new nose job and think that they should do it. But they shouldn't just put it on and leave it, they should find a good way to incorporate it into the car to give it a different look to the SLR.
I was very close to ordering the new nose on my SL600 until someone sent me this. It is the $50,000 SLK and the $100,000 to $150,000 SL depending on what model.

When they see you coming down the street they are going to say...OH, what a nice SLK.

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
cxt32 - 5/4/2005 2:53 PM

But it doesn't really look that much like the SLK...
I disagree, remember, you and I are looking at it knowing every single angle about every part of our cars.

Think about the person that doesn't really own a Mercedes or does not have the same level of interest as those on this forum. At first glance, they look way too much alike for my comfort and that is what I believe most will see.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
e55k,
252 Posts
true!!!!
But on the other hand who really cares about what other people think! I mean I understand there is some of that stuff with a mercedes but I sure do not care what "they" think, If you like it do it! DO not worry about "them". If you do you will never be satisfied.
But, I would not do that to an SL. Mercedes kinda made a wierd move making the slk look like it....but the SL needs its own identity. I do not own one but I drive one alot (bi-turbo 600).

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah, I understand what you mean... but I think that Mercedes should have a 'similar' style throughout their range. I know people who can't tell the difference between the C and S Class...

·
Registered
Mercedes SL R129
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I repeat: the nose job isn’t included in the 2006 restyle of the SL. The hood in the photos is that of tuning companies, not original Mercedes. I like it because it gives the SL a SLR look more than a SLK look. The SL is much wider than the SLK, and has different shaped headlights. Whereas, the SL has more or less the same headlight form of the SLR, and has a slightly narrower front. Just an opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
The nose on this car is absolutely ugly! It looks out of proportion to the rest of the hood and grill. It has a rather cartoonish look!! If I saw one of these on the road, I would laugh. I still think it needs a mustache under that big nose. My appologies to all of you who like the look. This is just one man's opinion.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts