Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a DIY solution for the wiring or socket issue with these cars? Bulbs burn out immediately upon installation. Two dealers have told me that there's a wiring issue and I've been quoted $185 and $135 to fix.

It sounded like a prevalent issue -- If so, why isn't this a recall?

Please let me know if anyone out there has been successful at fixing this on your own. Thanks.

JV

·
Registered
2006 R500 Saks Edition; many past benzes....
298 Posts
if you use the search function, you will find that there has been a whole bunch of posts on this. both taillights and harness were replaced on mine under warranty at under 40k miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Both the brake and tail lights went out on my '06 R350 and had to go to the (st)ealership to fix it.
Was charged 175$ for fixing both left and right wiring harnesses. Had several conversations with Mercedes before that suggesting that this should be a recall...... the've said to save the receipt of the fix. Might come in handy incase they plan to add this to a future recall listing or a TSB for additional VIN's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Seems like quite a few people have had this issue recently. Hopefully MB will step up and just issue a recall. Anybody know how to get the TSB text TB-82-10-632? Of course I am 6 weeks out of the 4 year warranty now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We had our vehicle fixed yesterday. Even though it was out of the bumper to bumper warranty based on time, we were way under on mileage so our dealer got it covered. It was a short in the wiring harness and the fix was as described in other posts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts