Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350, 6 MT
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a printout of 2006 model year range options for those of you waiting to get the slk.

Heighlights:

They add sirius satellite radio w/ 6 month subscription + pre-wiring for iPod integration kit for Entertainment package and Navi option. Satellite antenna will match body color on top of the trunk, still looks ugly (IMO). No sports suspension as an individual option unless you order with AMG package. :(

I didn't post the entire doc since it's 15 pages long. PM me if you like a e-mail copy.

2006 vs. 2005

New Model
- slk 280

Exterior Colors
- Pewter (launch edition) now available for all models
- Everest Gree, Orion Blue elimiated

Interior Colors
- Brown Nappa leather available for 280 and 350
- Blue leather eliminated

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
454 Posts
Thanks for the post. Are you sure that the SLK 350 for 2006 does not allow the sports suspension as a single item? If this is true I may have to look at the Boxster. I was set to order in one week and this news is troubling.

·
Registered
'14 CLS63 AMG S, '10 GLK350, '03 SL5000
289 Posts
Slylander - 4/22/2005 1:48 PM

Orion Blue elimiated
Excellent! That makes my Orion Blue (the best color, IMHO) all the more special! [:D]

·
Registered
SLK 350, 6 MT
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GernBlansten - 4/22/2005 6:36 PM

Thanks for the post. Are you sure that the SLK 350 for 2006 does not allow the sports suspension as a single item? If this is true I may have to look at the Boxster. I was set to order in one week and this news is troubling.
Talked to my friend and the ordering screen does not contain individual sports suspension option (their ordering system has converted to 2006 model year). I already ask my friend to send our concerns, just don't know if the upper management will listen to us or not.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
454 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. If you hear a definitive answer on the sports suspension please post it. I'm calling the dealer later today to find out if they know. It is good to know that pewter/brown leather is available. It gives me one more option to wrangle over (lol) pending the suspension resolution.

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
GernBlansten - 4/24/2005 11:36 AM
Are you sure that the SLK 350 for 2006 does not allow the sports suspension as a single item? If this is true I may have to look at the Boxster. I was set to order in one week and this news is troubling.
They sure can BUILD it with only the s/susp. I can't really understand why they bundle options in America. (Attention span? [:D])

Even in the much smaller Aus market, we can pick and choose between about 35 or so individual options and pay for them separately. Sport suspension cost A$690. (~US$500). Even small options like tyre pressure monitoring (A$190) can be ordered separately.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
454 Posts
If they can't do the sports suspension without the $4000 AMG then it is a deal breaker. The AMG kit offers nothing to me. I like the look of the original and the standard wheels. The sports suspension is extremely important because a softer suspension is wholly antithetical to great handling.

·
Registered
1991 MR2 Turbo
1 Posts
I also was ready to order the 2006 but without the sport suspension I may have to re-think my decision.[V]

·
Registered
2 Posts
I personally feel the AMG package is a worthy addition, it simply gives the car a more aggressive appearance.

Not that the standard car looks bad, but the AMG option definitely kicks the look up several notches imho.

Nothing wrong with making the sport suspension only part of the AMG package (which it should have been to begin with). So when you see an SLK with the AMG package, you know its more than just cosmetics.

·
Registered
SLK350 6MT
294 Posts
I agree. I got the sports suspension for $200 with out the AMG pack, which in my opinion is cosmetic only, and saved $3.8K. What is MB thinking? Soon. I fear, they will do away with the only MT they offer in the US.

·
Registered
SLK 350, 6 MT
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
steve-p - 4/23/2005 11:37 PM

When does MY2006 production start? I've got a build date of early August.
It's already started. I've put down my deposit for MY 2006 and mime is scheduled to pick up end of July.

In US, from ordering to actual production date is about 1 1/2 month apart, then it takes about 2 months to arrive to US west coast dealers.

·
Registered
SLK55 AMG
78 Posts
It's already started. I've put down my deposit for MY 2006 and mime is scheduled to pick up end of July.
Is this for the 350 and 280 only? I ask as my build date for my SLK 55 is May 10th with an arrival date to my dealer sometime the first week of July. I have been told that my car will be a 2005.

JS

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
454 Posts
I called my dealer rep today and asked him about the loss of the sports suspension option on the 2006 (option 486). He told me that it was definitely offered. I then asked if that was for the 2006 and he immediately backtracked and said he would have to look into it.

·
Registered
SLK 350, 6 MT
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JoeShark - 4/24/2005 9:19 PM

Is this for the 350 and 280 only? I ask as my build date for my SLK 55 is May 10th with an arrival date to my dealer sometime the first week of July. I have been told that my car will be a 2005.

JS
This apply to slk 55 also. My friend said build date after May 2nd decade will definitely be 2006 MY. May 1st decade is on the borderline.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts