Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to order a 2006 SLK to be delivered (hopefully) in 9/05. Does anyone know when MB usually releases new model year info? I would especially like to know if they will offer different colors than the ones they already have for the exterior.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
There's usually a few small things that come out here and there throughout the year, but the current lineup of the SLK doesn't seem to have any major changes looks wise.

The TriTurbo and 280 are coming out, but later in the year.

I asked an MB representative at this years Geneva car show about new options etc, but there's no big changed as of yet.

Is the color lineup not good enough for you? I got the new Designo catalogue, and there's a lot of new colors coming out (or already came out). You can see like the full list on www.mbslk.de. What colors are you hoping to see? Maybe it already came out... (or a color close to the one you want).

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post. I'm just having a hard time picking a color. I would hate to place an order and have a great new color come out. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
You should be able to make changes up to a month before production (maybe even closer) so don't worry. My guess is that the available colors will be firmed up before you have to finalize your order.

Why the heck are you driving a Honda Prelude? Oh, that's right, my other car is a Prelude too (not an SH). I'm keeping it.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duo-Art - 3/6/2005 4:21 PM

You should be able to make changes up to a month before production (maybe even closer) so don't worry. My guess is that the available colors will be firmed up before you have to finalize your order.

Why the heck are you driving a Honda Prelude? Oh, that's right, my other car is a Prelude too (not an SH). I'm keeping it.
I'm still driving a Prelude for financial reasons. I am finally finishing my medical training this summer and will be going into private practice with a large delta in my pay. This is why I am waiting until the 2006 model year.

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Just kidding about your Prelude. I like mine and I'm keeping it. It's a fun car and I never worry about driving it or parking it in the city.

·
Registered
SLK 350, 6 MT
75 Posts
I had a chance to talk to MBUSA SoCal marketing manager and he mentioned slk 280 (3.0 liter engine) will launch in US in July as 2006 model year.

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
664 Posts
Here's a pic!

Slylander - 4/2/2005 1:10 PM

I had a chance to talk to MBUSA SoCal marketing manager and he mentioned slk 280 (3.0 liter engine) will launch in US in July as 2006 model year.
They had one on the floor at the NY Auto Show yesterday.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts