Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forums pretty extensively for the past week and have found a few things, but I had a couple of questions I hope you could answer for me.

The scenario goes like this. The truck is a 2006 ML500 with the V8 gasoline engine. Filled up the tank at a gas station up the block on a thursday evening, got home and parked it in the driveway. The weather was nice so I rode the bike to work on friday. Get called into work on Sunday, crappy weather, so I go to start the M and all it does is crank. Cranked it so much that i have to charge the battery that night.

Read on the forums that the CPS failing is a common problem and if there is no pressure and no spark then it is probably the CPS. Check the fuel pressure and there is no fuel pressure, but there is spark. In addition the car never stalled when it was warmed up like it does when the CPS is gone, so I ruled that out. But I would like to know what the resistance for the CPS is so I can check for sure.

So do you guys think that the next thing to do would be to check the fuel pump and filter?

Which fuses should I check to see if they are bad?

I read something about the hammer treatment where you hit the gas tank by the pump and the car starts up. Is this a real thing or is somebody just kidding around?

Would the fuel pump go bad instantly like this? There was no loss of power or surging prevously.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
2001 ml320 and 2006 ml350 (sold)
711 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts