Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at the store and when i returned to my vehilce, a 2006 ML350, it would not start. Tried a few things with no luck, however the radio and lights all worked. I called AAA he tried to jump the vehicle with his jumper box. He connected to the positive, and for the negative he used a bolt close to the positive, not the negative bolt assigned by the mercedes manual. After that failed he towed me to the local garage where they replaced the battery under the passenger seat.

When i received the vehicle back the blower now did not work. You can feel hot air on the vents but nothing pushes out. The garage tested all the fuses and nothing was blown. The only thing weird he stated was that nothing was in slot 10 on the passenger side fuse box, which is where the diagram states a blower fuse should be. Put a fuse in there with no luck.

The mechanic stated the issue could be because the AAA guy should not have tried to jump this particular type of vehicle.

Does this make sense or just bad luck that the battery and blower motor died at the same time?

i have not tested or replaced the blower motor yet.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
All Mercedes owners manuals contain instructions for jump starting. Always read this first and IF you're going to assume anything, assume ANY AND ALL mechanics not working for a Mercedes dealership know NOTHING about Mercedes.

When a Mercedes battery is dead or disconnected, various items need to be "reset" before they work again. Of course your non-Mercedes mechanic hasn't a clue about this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know on the assumptions to make.

He did do the following after replacing the battery:

Set the clock, sync the door windows, sync the power title sunroof, sync back hatch, and did something where he turned the steering wheel back and forth to calibrate something.

The book also agrees with those actions. Nothing to do with blower.

The book does state that it can be jumped with "..an accessory battery charging unit approved by MB". Not sure AAA guy had approved one or not. He also did not use the supplied negative terminal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now i have tried a new blower motor and that did not fix the issue. I once again verified the fuse was good, it is #91 located in the same compartment as the battery. Is was suggested to me to verify the blower regulator might be bad.

Does anyone know where the blower regulator is located on the 2006 ml350?

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts