Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a questions for the experts on this board , I've seen some two and three year old E class vehicles for sale at what seem to be very attractive prices . One in particular has caught my eye , It's a white 2006 E 350 rear wheel drive with 14000 miles on it . Doesn't have much in the way of options ( has sunroof , rear sunshade ) It's in absolutely beautiful shape , looks new new inside and out. It's rear wheel drive , not too practical for the area where I reside ( 15 north of downtown Detroit ) That doesn't matter to me though , I have another front wheel drive car I can use when the weather is bad. I drove the car and LOVED it,all sense of practical went out the window when I got behind the wheel. Not being sold at an M.B dealer so no factory extended warranty is available. Four year warranty is over in about 18 months . They're asking 27000.00 for the car. My questions are ; do you think that's a good price considering the market these days. Also , am I asking for trouble with that vehicle considering i'm not going to have a warranty after the new car warranty expires ? Any thoughs greatly appreciated , thanks in advance for the consideration.
-Dana

·
Registered
35,782 Posts
Those are excellent cars and if you go to W211 section you won't find too many problems.
2006 model can be a 3.5 years old, so check the manufacturing date and date first sold.
They are excellent deals out there.
I purchased extended warranty once in my life and it was money down the drain. Never again, but I am DIY.
Good luck on your purchase.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think it's a very reasonable price. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't make an offer for less. All they can do is say no. As far as warranty goes, it all depends on the coverage you want and how much you have to pay and whether or not you can get a refund if you don't use it by the time you sell the car, and whether or not it's transferable. If you decide to get rid of the car after the factory warranty runs out, it's very attractive to potential buyers to have a transferablel warranty. Of course you would price the car above the standard retail when you sell it to cover the cost of the warranty. And it you have to use the warranty after the factory warranty runs out, it has the potential to save you thousands of dollars. The 2006 E class had good reliability, but like all cars, something could go wrong. I guess it's just a game of chance. I like to have backup insurance. If you get an extended warranty, make sure it covers electrical/electronics as well as the basics like engine and drivetrain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts