Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there...Please pardon my ignorance! I've owned my E350 for 2 1/2 yrs and have always had my local Mercedes dealer perform all the maintenance...until now. I'm now taking it to a local mechanic for the synthetic oil changes and other fluid replacement type services, but would like to try and perform some of the basic maintenance items myself. Does anyone know where to locate the Engine Air Filter in a 2006 E350? And also how to reset the indicator for Service D? Thanks for any help you can give!

·
Registered
'06 E 350 Sedan
5 Posts
Long time coming ...but finally got it

Well, I finally found the 'secret' to resetting the Code (A thru H) dilemma.:surrender:

Here ya go....:bowdown:

how to reset after (A,B,C,D,E,F,G,or H) SERVICE

1 turn key to #2 position

2 go to MPH display in the cluster

3 turn key to OFF position

4 turn key in # 1 position

5 press trip odometer knob three times (QUICK) voltage will appear on display

6 select Down Arrow (shows service menu)

7 select CONFIRMATION using (-) minus button

8 Press the right menu systems button

9 FULL SERVICE will be highlighted

10 Press and hold right menu system button until service confirmed message appears

·
Registered
2006 Merc E320 cdi
981 Posts
Well, I finally found the 'secret' to resetting the Code (A thru H) dilemma.:surrender:

Here ya go....:bowdown:

how to reset after (A,B,C,D,E,F,G,or H) SERVICE

1 turn key to #2 position

2 go to MPH display in the cluster

3 turn key to OFF position

4 turn key in # 1 position

5 press trip odometer knob three times (QUICK) voltage will appear on display

6 select Down Arrow (shows service menu)

7 select CONFIRMATION using (-) minus button

8 Press the right menu systems button

9 FULL SERVICE will be highlighted

10 Press and hold right menu system button until service confirmed message appears
Nice writeup even though I gave the same thing last week. This has been given several times on this forum so it should be no mystery how to reset the indicator..

Now, if you have information on how to have the headlights AND fog lights turn off when the engine stops regardless of where the switch is turned especially when it is turned on and the fog lights illuminate I'm all ears.. Even the dealer said this could not be done..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts