Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CLS500, 21" Interad Turismo Wheels, Renntech lowering module
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned an ML350 for 2 years and really love MB. So now I'm ready for another and see allot of 2006 CLS's selling for very good prices.

Anything common problems that I should be looking for on a 2006 CLS? What should I stay away from?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Like any make of car, there are a few lemons mixed in the bunch, but as long as you get a carfax, service history from MB, talk to previous owner if possible you will be fine.

Honestly, I have owned three Mercedes (2000 CLK clk430, 2002 ml320, and 2006 CLS) and I have NEVER had even one problem with any of them. I am tired of people talking about Mercedes reliability and build quality being so bad, when I have seen the contrary. I have heard that the build quality dipped from 99-05 a bit, but like I said, I have been extremely happy. I have owned Porsche, BMW, Phaeton, etc. and seems like those cars were in the shop once a month at least.

The CLS is probably my favorite car of any that I have owned excluding the Acura NSX I had. (man that car was fun to drive) However, the CLS fits the sportiness, luxury, comfort, power, and asthetics that I was looking for. A very complete car all around. :) Can't go wrong with a good car.

·
Registered
09 W211 Black 06 CLS500 Alabaster White
245 Posts
Thee is no one specific problem for the CLS it just depends on the specific car you are going to get. Just stay away from base model CLS, get one that has a few options on it like the keyless go and auto trunk opener/closer. Otherwise, enjoy the car it's one of the best rides you can buy out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts