Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the forum here and it seems the consensus here is to stay away from 2006 CLS. I just test drove one at are local MB dealer. It has 32,000 miles is CPO. Price $36,000 The car is loaded I think it has package 2 I have had other MB so I am aware of maintenance. I had just about made up my mind to buy it until I saw reviews on here. Any more thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I would like to get 2007 just for the extra HP but I live in a small town and our local MB dealer doesn't seem to get many CLS's

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd assume that you're talking about a CLS55 if it's at $36k. If so, it's not a slouch and in fact it's often considered by most as a BETTER option than an '07-09 if you plan to mod the car. The supercharged engine in the 55 has more potential (for aftermarket mods) than the naturally aspirated 6.2 found in '07+ models.

I have a plain old CLS63 with 507 bhp and I'm not looking for anything more :)

·
Registered
sl 500, E350
9 Posts
It's a 2006 CLS 500, I'm concerned that everyone seems to say stay away from the 2006. I would buy the extended warranty but since it has such low miles I would keep it past warranty running out.

·
Registered
2007 CLS 550
66 Posts
I Have The Same Conclusion....

After reading this entire thread of 219's, I gather that the 2006 has had the most problems of any year. It seems that a 2006 has either many problems consistantly, or it skips that specific vehicle for a practically carefree ownership.
Though I didn't have an option of purchasing a 2006, I wouldn't if I could. I am also very happy with my 2007. I intended to keep LOW miles on it, but I enjoy it so much, I have driven it 10,000 miles the last six months.
Good luck with your decision! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
sl 500, E350
9 Posts
I really like the car but from what I'm reading I'm really afraid to buy it. Our dealer has the 2006 I was interested in and a 2010 that is out of my price range. I wish I would have heard some encouragement on the 2006. :(

·
Registered
2007 CLS 550
66 Posts
Won't Do It....

I hope if you wait, a 2007 or later will become available to you in your price range. Imagine purchasing a 2006 and then having major problems. It could be a money-pit for you. For you to be so close yet so far is terrible, but I promise it will be worth the wait! Good Luck and let us know when you purchase. Maybe you could expand the geographic availability for yourself?:beerchugr:

·
Registered
sl 500, E350
9 Posts
A 2007 is in the price range. I took my E350 in for service and just happened to spot the CLS on the lot. It is a local one owner car. All service done at the local MB dealer. According to the records it hasn't had many problems. It only has 32,000 miles on it. I will have a cpo warranty for 3 years. We have several cars so I would put about 9000 miles per year on it. My big concern is after the 3 years. I would like to keep it past 3 years. I guess I’m looking for someone to tell me the 2006 is not all that bad. LOL It is sitting in my driveway for the weekend. I have to talk myself out of buying it. Thanks for all your help.

·
BenzWorld Elitist
Mercedes-Benz
11,490 Posts
Yeah they let you sit them in your driveway because they know how tempting that will be!

·
Registered
sl 500, E350
9 Posts
I've bought several from the same dealer, yes they know what there doing. Every time I take one home I keep it. I would really like to keep 2006 CLS but I have not heard anyone say anything good about this model. So sadly take it back tomorrow. Maybe i'll just get a newer E-500 :(

·
BenzWorld Elitist
Mercedes-Benz
11,490 Posts
Why not wait until you find a newer CLS? There are always more cars.

·
Registered
S550 4-Matic
86 Posts
cls

I really like the car but from what I'm reading I'm really afraid to buy it. Our dealer has the 2006 I was interested in and a 2010 that is out of my price range. I wish I would have heard some encouragement on the 2006. :(
Hello I dont know what you read about 06 cls models but last year I bought 2006 CLS 500 for 20300 bucks premium package bu 14100 miles on the clock and only one owner I have never had any problems since drives like a charm and u cant even tell that it has 141K miles I will upload pictures of mods that I made in the interior ))

·
Registered
S550 4-Matic
86 Posts
and 36K bucks it waay to much for 06 cls500 search on cars.com for 36K u can get low milage 55amg or high milage 63amg and cls is the exact same car as e class it just different body cls was built on E class it has big roots from E

1 - 15 of 15 Posts